Windows 10 is officially a spyware and an adware

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

Re: Windows 10 is officially a spyware and an adware

Post by Z98 »

You are making the invalid assumption that applications live in isolation from each other. They don't. There are applications that have genuine and legitimate needs to coordinate with each other. If you sandbox them the way you are describing, you break them. And the only way to permit them to break out of the sandbox would be with basically per-application settings. IE, tuning the permission levels. You are also making extremely ludicrous accusations against Microsoft. We get it. You don't like the company. Your position is however not shared by the majority of the core developers, many of whom use Microsoft produced tools to help develop ReactOS itself. As others have said, the goal of this project is not to kill Microsoft or Windows. We simply want an NT system that we have greater control over. Such an option is perfectly capable of coexisting with Microsoft Windows in the marketplace and even developing a mutually beneficial partnership. Microsoft may not be willing to countenance this but we will not be the ones that shuts the door. If you find this unacceptable, then this project is not for you.
florian

Post by florian »

florian wrote:
EmuandCo wrote:http://pxc-coding.com/de/portfolio/donotspy10/

Who still knows XPAntiSpy? ^^
Unfortunately neither XPAntiSpy nor Xpy (includig former Vispa) have been updated to Win 10.
Thank you for yor link to DoNotSpy10!
By the way, the author of XP-AntiSpy wants to start his work on his opensourced XP-AntiSpy again! http://xp-antispy.org/ (German article).
alexei

Post by alexei »

Z98 wrote:You are also making extremely ludicrous accusations against Microsoft. We get it. You don't like the company. Your position is however not shared by the majority of the core developers, many of whom use Microsoft produced tools to help develop ReactOS itself. As others have said, the goal of this project is not to kill Microsoft or Windows. We simply want an NT system that we have greater control over.
Microsoft is de-facto monopoly. It uses its position to maximize profits and stock holders would not allow it not to. MS is a big business and it naturally wants to get more money from its customers and increase its customer base. This is reality and we see (and have to deal with) both positive and negative sides of it. I hope ROS would be able to adopt positives and eliminate negatives as much as possible. That's why I criticise "profit-driven" solutions and ask you to think about alternatives.
Z98 wrote:You are making the invalid assumption that applications live in isolation from each other. They don't. There are applications that have genuine and legitimate needs to coordinate with each other. If you sandbox them the way you are describing, you break them. And the only way to permit them to break out of the sandbox would be with basically per-application settings. IE, tuning the permission levels.
Coordination among applications has to be under strict supervision for security reasons.
Security/safety/privacy is a really big and very serious problem and it looks like it's generally neglected by almost everybody (excluding military?). Clicking e-mail attachment, visiting "bad" web site, and other "innocent" actions may get user's computer infected. MS must have its reasons (revealed in Win 10?) to leave Windows unsafe, but why bring vulnerabilities to ROS? If you want an example - what's "server" service doing on a single computer connected to internet?
Is your computer by default protected from interrogating by ISP? Can they get your real MAC address and use vulnerability specific to your networking device?
It's not just MS - even GPL browsers by default send information about your OS and browser versions, helping attacker to choose the right tools. I remember a while ago I read statistics about Windows vs. Linix internet web servers. I thought "are they insane to tell attacker which os they run, web server version, etc.?"
Anyway, what looked like a paranoia 10 years ago is not anymore. You have to treat every packet coming from ISP or wireless device as a potential threat. Hijacking WSUS servers and hardware routers, changing microcode on HDD, and other "exotic" stuff became reality :(
BTW, without sandboxing to be safe you have to tune application permissions anyway: Which folders it can see? Which ones it can write to? Can it write to the registry, connect to the local network? to internet? which ports can it use? accept connections? etc. I doubt you do it for every application you use, and most of non-professional users don't even know how, and I'm leaving aside that interests of application/driver developer/supplier and end-user may differ and ROS should be on the user's side, shouldn't it?
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Your, level of paranoia pretty much precludes trying to hold a technical discussion with you on IT security. Combined with your lack of understanding about software engineering and in general how data exchange works with computer systems, even if your paranoia was not at absurdly high levels it still wouldn't be productive trying to hold that discussion with you, especially seeing as you're refusing to actually learn from anything that has been said to you. I don't need to tune a damn thing on my system as far as applications go because the ones I use nowadays are for the most part well-behaving since they follow MS' restricted permissions guidelines. They don't try to take a dump in system folders (and they can't anyway since they're run with a lower privilege level by default), they can see everything that my user account can see (which only makes sense since in order to interact with my settings and documents they need to have the same permissions as me) and they're blocked from accessing the network until I grant them an exception in the firewall, which I am prompted for automatically because Windows can detect attempts to access the network and block it until I give the say so. That server service you seem so scared about? It provides a mechanism for sharing services across multiple computers that runs through the same access permissions as your local user accounts. To compromise that service you need to compromise your local accounts and if that's compromised you already lose even before you hit the server service. Version of web browsers? There's a legitimate reason browsers broadcast this information, it's used by webservers to decide if they need to serve up different html/javascript/css in case you have a version that is too old to support a specific feature. Or if they need to send you a mobile version of a site if you're on a phone instead of an actual computer. There's due diligence and then there's senseless paranoia. You crossed that line a long time ago without even being aware of it.
Konata

Post by Konata »

Alexei I really don't think ReactOS is for you. You should check out the TempleOS project. It has no networking stack or any other forms of interacting with the outside world whatsoever. I think it's right up your alley. I mean sure it doesn't have the advanced security infrastructures in Windows like sandboxing IE or UAC where is elevates only a specific application instead of the entire environment (like su/sudo does in Unix which already makes Unix far less secure than Windows). In fact, everything in TempleOS runs in Ring 0 (kernel mode), there is no concept of any higher level modes, so there's no security whatsoever. But who cares, the spooks can't get you because no networking!
alexei

Post by alexei »

Z98 wrote:Your, level of paranoia ... you're refusing to actually learn from anything that has been said to you.
I wery well understand what you're saying in your posts.
Your false sense of security is amazing. You sound like UAC can not be by-passed, well-behaving applications are bug-free, access permissions always work, etc. We're not in such ideal world. You don't even need to dig into IT security, just read the press about cybercrime.
Z98 wrote:There's a legitimate reason browsers broadcast this information, it's used by webservers
sure, there is always a reason to pull your information. My point was that no reasons can justify such actions.

Look what security professionals say:
from https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/SimpleIntro/
Aren’t antivirus programs and firewalls enough?
Unfortunately, conventional security approaches like antivirus programs and (softare and/or hardware) firewalls are no longer enough to keep out sophisticated attackers. For example, nowadays it’s common for malware creators to check to see if their malware is recognized by any popular antivirus programs. If it’s recognized, they scramble their code until it’s no longer recognizable by the antivirus programs, then send it out. The best antivirus programs will subsequently get updated once the antivirus programmers discover the new threat, but this usually occurs at least a few days after the new attacks start to appear in the wild. By then, it’s typically too late for those who have already been compromised. In addition, bugs are inevitably discovered in the common software we all use (such as our web browsers), and no antivirus program or firewall can prevent all of these bugs from being exploited.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

As a software developer, my default assumption is that EVERY security measure can be bypassed if someone is sufficiently determined. The question that I ask myself is how likely is it that someone would want to get at my systems badly enough that they would put in the effort to break through the security that I have up. Getting past my router's firewall is not trivial. Overriding UAC is not trivial. The hacks that you describe were developed by state actors for use against other state actors. I am not a state actor. My data is not worth spending the incredible amounts of money needed to develop exploits to crack my system. I also keep backups of any data that I don't want to lose so that even if I get hit by some kind of ransomware, I can just wipe the OS and be done with it. And Microsoft has systematically hardened Windows more and more so that the drive-by exploits that I might fall victim to because of the open nature of the web are harder and harder to pull off. That is sufficient to block most petty criminals. It won't be enough to stop the NSA, but again, I don't have anything worth taking for people like that and so I am not in their line of fire. If I do get hit by them it would almost certainly be as collateral damage from a wider op and the chances of that are sufficiently low that I'm not going to lose any sleep fretting over it.

To be perfectly blunt if you stopped browsing the web you'd eliminate basically 99% of all potential threats to your computer. Why do you not do this? Because it would be really, really inconvenient to cut yourself off from the internet. So as far as I can tell you're willing to make the same compromises I am in terms of security for the sake of convenience. You however seem to want to wring your hands over high level exploits that nation-states employ as cyberweapons against each other. Last I checked, you don't represent a nation-state so all you're doing is wasting time and energy trying to push for defenses that you neither need nor can afford. Cause as I have stated so many times before, you do not have the money to pay all the developers that would need to spend decades if not centuries to build the type of bullet-proof system you think is an absolute must but still want to retain all the features that make modern computing convenient. We don't work for free on something that does not interest us, and even on those things that we do work on for free, it's on our terms and we feel no obligation to not walk away at our convenience.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

It seems like a lot of the security stuff discussed here would be better done in hardware. The no-execute bit was a step in that direction, as was hardware virtualization. I mean, why not a "coprocessor" in the form of a PCI-3x16 and/or a specialized hard drive controller to intercept things at a high rate of speed on the fly? They would be standalone systems in their own right and place minimal load on the main computer.

Still, Z98 is correct. This is a volunteer project, and if it gets too much, the volunteers will leave. So if they stay, it means they love this project. At this point, the priority is getting it working. Get it working first, then make it safe and optimized later. Nobody is keeping any of the backseat security experts from writing their own code. If it is within the scope of the project, they might be able to negotiate inclusion providing it works. If it is outside the scope of the project, they can still write it like a service pack and overwrite whatever they need to in order to get their code to do whatever.
alexei

Post by alexei »

Z98 wrote:bullet-proof system you think is an absolute must
Not a must, I don't actually ask you to do that. My main point was that in terms of security, portabilization of the applications during installation is preferable to installations done "MS-way".
And I mostly agree with the rest of your post.
haripcexpert

Post by haripcexpert »

I got It last 3 months ago.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I have provided virtual VMS systems running on Intel hardware with Windows as the client.

The customer is told that if they want to retain the near-100% uptime and security of the emulated Vax/Alpha hardware, they need to remove almost all the unnecessary windows processes, anti-malware, antivirus s/w, enterprise monitoring applications and simply pull the plug on the windows ethernet cable. The USB is sealed with a lock and the CDRom is removed entirely.

The Vax/alpha has its own dedicated NIC for DECnet/TCPIP but that is a closed network and the Windows system has its own ethernet disconnected.

In this way the minimal Windows with all functionality disabled is secure and the system cannot be compromised.
It is hard to explain these security practices are REQUIRED in order to retain the same level of security - as the customer always wants to put his/her Windows bells and whistles into place on the Windows platform.

Basically, if you want a secure system, you pull the plug.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Spinwiz

Post by Spinwiz »

I think I need to have my '20 cents worth'. Reality is you can't have a door open and closed at the same time, it's either one or the other. If you want a 100% secure computer system its easy, melt it down and bury it in concrete. =)

Seriously though, I don't think its too difficult in this century for those who would feel the need to be super security conscious to run a secured 'Offline system' with all there 'Private' stuff, and a 'trash-able' online system with little or no personal info on it. For those who maybe cant afford a second system, Virtual machines are cheep and so is RAM =) It all feels like a kinda pointless discussion/debate these days.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

ReactOS will be that VM.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
therian

Post by therian »

i bought win10 pro off of amazon when it first came out. luckily, i found that with that version, not only can i disable the updates, but there's a special bug in my particular version that enables me to never have to register the installation with a product key by disabling certain windows services. after which, the registration reminder and requirements just, bug out and go away. also, by disabling most unnecessary services, im free to disable some services that weren't previously allowed to be disabled. this grants me the option to really crack down on most of the spyware. however, i still have to use an antivirus, like comodo, to quarantine exe's related to cortana and windows defender to keep them from autostarting and by customizing the installation at boot you can avoid having the windows system partition by pre-partitioning all of the drive space with various partitions. windows will try to fix the partioning on each boot to make the system partition but without free space, it continually fails.. providing further comfort to my peace of mind. with enough quarantine, custom firewall rules (only allowing svchost.exe to enable network connectivity), and service shutoffs it seems i've limited the amount of risk. however, svchost.exe is the catch. you have to allow it to be able to connect and it's a blanket application that handles all services that are enabled.. so i really don't know what's still being sent without examining packets. that's why ReactOS is interesting to me. getting rid of that obscure corporate sleeze... if ROS can provide that, i swear to commit to being a steady donor.

i keep the iso and the iso creation tools.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name RESET
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model GA-990FXA-UD3
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 975 Processor, 3624 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F9, 10/22/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume4
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10240.16384"
User Name RESET\reset
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.21 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.20 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.98 GB
Page File Space 2.20 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

AMD External Events Utility AMD External Events Utility Running Auto Own Process c:\windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
AMD FUEL Service AMD FUEL Service Running Auto Own Process "c:\program files\amd\ati.ace\fuel\fuel.service.exe" /launchservice Normal LocalSystem 0
Background Tasks Infrastructure Service BrokerInfrastructure Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k dcomlaunch Normal LocalSystem 0
Base Filtering Engine BFE Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenonetwork Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Certificate Propagation CertPropSvc Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
COMODO Internet Security Helper Service CmdAgent Running Auto Own Process "c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security\cmdagent.exe" Normal LocalSystem 0
CoreMessaging CoreMessagingRegistrar Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenonetwork Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
DCOM Server Process Launcher DcomLaunch Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k dcomlaunch Normal LocalSystem 0
DHCP Client Dhcp Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenetworkrestricted Normal NT Authority\LocalService 0
Distributed Transaction Coordinator MSDTC Running Auto Own Process c:\windows\system32\msdtc.exe Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
Group Policy Client gpsvc Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Network Store Interface Service nsi Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT Authority\LocalService 0
Power Power Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k dcomlaunch Normal LocalSystem 0
Print Spooler Spooler Running Auto Own Process c:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) RpcSs Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
RPC Endpoint Mapper RpcEptMapper Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
Security Accounts Manager SamSs Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
Shell Hardware Detection ShellHWDetection Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Ignore LocalSystem 0
Software Protection sppsvc Stopped Auto Own Process c:\windows\system32\sppsvc.exe Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
System Event Notification Service SENS Stopped Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
System Events Broker SystemEventsBroker Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k dcomlaunch Normal LocalSystem 0
Task Scheduler Schedule Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Themes Themes Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Tile Data model server tiledatamodelsvc Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k appmodel Normal LocalSystem 0
User Manager UserManager Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
User Profile Service ProfSvc Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Windows Audio Audiosrv Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenetworkrestricted Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Windows Audio Endpoint Builder AudioEndpointBuilder Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Windows Defender Service WinDefend Stopped Auto Own Process "c:\program files\windows defender\msmpeng.exe" Normal LocalSystem 0
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) stisvc Running Auto Own Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc Normal NT Authority\LocalService 0
Windows Management Instrumentation Winmgmt Running Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Ignore localSystem 0
WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service WinHttpAutoProxySvc Stopped Auto Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
LSM LSM Running Boot Kernel Driver Not Available Unknown Not Available Not Available
NetSetupSvc NetSetupSvc Stopped Boot Kernel Driver Not Available Unknown Not Available Not Available
ActiveX Installer (AxInstSV) AxInstSV Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k axinstsvgroup Normal LocalSystem 0
AllJoyn Router Service AJRouter Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
App Readiness AppReadiness Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k appreadiness Normal LocalSystem 0
Application Layer Gateway Service ALG Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\alg.exe Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Background Intelligent Transfer Service BITS Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
BitLocker Drive Encryption Service BDESVC Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal localSystem 0
Block Level Backup Engine Service wbengine Stopped Disabled Own Process "c:\windows\system32\wbengine.exe" Normal localSystem 0
Bluetooth Handsfree Service BthHFSrv Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localserviceandnoimpersonation Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Bluetooth Support Service bthserv Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
BranchCache PeerDistSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k peerdist Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
CDPSvc CDPSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
CNG Key Isolation KeyIso Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
COM+ Event System EventSystem Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
COM+ System Application COMSysApp Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\dllhost.exe /processid:{02d4b3f1-fd88-11d1-960d-00805fc79235} Normal LocalSystem 0
Credential Manager VaultSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
Data Sharing Service DsSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Ignore LocalSystem 0
DataCollectionPublishingService DcpSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Ignore LocalSystem 0
Delivery Optimization DoSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Device Association Service DeviceAssociationService Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Device Management Enrollment Service DmEnrollmentSvc Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Device Setup Manager DsmSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
DevQuery Background Discovery Broker DevQueryBroker Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Diagnostic Policy Service DPS Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenonetwork Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Diagnostic Service Host WdiServiceHost Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Diagnostic System Host WdiSystemHost Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Diagnostics Tracking Service DiagTrack Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k utcsvc Normal LocalSystem 0
Distributed Link Tracking Client TrkWks Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
dmwappushsvc dmwappushservice Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
DNS Client Dnscache Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k networkservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
Downloaded Maps Manager MapsBroker Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k networkservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
Encrypting File System (EFS) EFS Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
Extensible Authentication Protocol Eaphost Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal localSystem 0
File History Service fhsvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Function Discovery Provider Host fdPHost Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Function Discovery Resource Publication FDResPub Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localserviceandnoimpersonation Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Geolocation Service lfsvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
HomeGroup Provider HomeGroupProvider Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenetworkrestricted Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Hyper-V Data Exchange Service vmickvpexchange Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Hyper-V Guest Service Interface vmicguestinterface Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Hyper-V Guest Shutdown Service vmicshutdown Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Hyper-V Heartbeat Service vmicheartbeat Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k icservice Normal LocalSystem 0
Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service vmicrdv Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k icservice Normal LocalSystem 0
Hyper-V Time Synchronization Service vmictimesync Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenetworkrestricted Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Hyper-V VM Session Service vmicvmsession Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Hyper-V Volume Shadow Copy Requestor vmicvss Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules IKEEXT Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Interactive Services Detection UI0Detect Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\ui0detect.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) SharedAccess Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service IEEtwCollectorService Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\ieetwcollector.exe /v Normal LocalSystem 0
IP Helper iphlpsvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
IPsec Policy Agent PolicyAgent Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k networkservicenetworkrestricted Normal NT Authority\NetworkService 0
KtmRm for Distributed Transaction Coordinator KtmRm Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k networkserviceandnoimpersonation Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper lltdsvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Microsoft (R) Diagnostics Hub Standard Collector Service diagnosticshub.standardcollector.service Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\diagsvcs\diagnosticshub.standardcollector.service.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant wlidsvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service MSiSCSI Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider swprv Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k swprv Normal LocalSystem 0
Microsoft Storage Spaces SMP smphost Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k smphost Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
Microsoft Windows SMS Router Service. SmsRouter Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal localSystem 0
Mozilla Maintenance Service MozillaMaintenance Stopped Disabled Own Process "c:\program files (x86)\mozilla maintenance service\maintenanceservice.exe" Normal LocalSystem 0
Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service NetTcpPortSharing Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0.30319\smsvchost.exe Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Netlogon Netlogon Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup NcdAutoSetup Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenonetwork Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Network Connection Broker NcbService Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Network Connections Netman Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Network Connectivity Assistant NcaSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Network List Service netprofm Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Network Location Awareness NlaSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k networkservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
Offline Files CscService Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Peer Name Resolution Protocol PNRPsvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicepeernet Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Peer Networking Grouping p2psvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicepeernet Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Peer Networking Identity Manager p2pimsvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicepeernet Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Performance Counter DLL Host PerfHost Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\syswow64\perfhost.exe Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Performance Logs & Alerts pla Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenonetwork Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
PNRP Machine Name Publication Service PNRPAutoReg Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicepeernet Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Portable Device Enumerator Service WPDBusEnum Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Printer Extensions and Notifications PrintNotify Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k print Normal LocalSystem 0
Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support wercplsupport Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal localSystem 0
Program Compatibility Assistant Service PcaSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Quality Windows Audio Video Experience QWAVE Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localserviceandnoimpersonation Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager RasAuto Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal localSystem 0
Remote Access Connection Manager RasMan Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal localSystem 0
Remote Desktop Configuration SessionEnv Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal localSystem 0
Remote Desktop Services TermService Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k networkservice Normal NT Authority\NetworkService 0
Remote Desktop Services UserMode Port Redirector UmRdpService Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal localSystem 0
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator RpcLocator Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\locator.exe Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
Remote Registry RemoteRegistry Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Retail Demo Service RetailDemo Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Routing and Remote Access RemoteAccess Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal localSystem 0
Security Center wscsvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenetworkrestricted Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Sensor Data Service SensorDataService Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\sensordataservice.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
Sensor Monitoring Service SensrSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localserviceandnoimpersonation Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Sensor Service SensorService Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Server LanmanServer Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Smart Card SCardSvr Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localserviceandnoimpersonation Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Smart Card Device Enumeration Service ScDeviceEnum Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Smart Card Removal Policy SCPolicySvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
SNMP Trap SNMPTRAP Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\snmptrap.exe Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Spot Verifier svsvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
SSDP Discovery SSDPSRV Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localserviceandnoimpersonation Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Still Image Acquisition Events WiaRpc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Superfetch SysMain Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Ignore LocalSystem 0
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper lmhosts Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenetworkrestricted Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Telephony TapiSrv Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k networkservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service TabletInputService Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Update Orchestrator Service UsoSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
UPnP Device Host upnphost Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localserviceandnoimpersonation Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Virtual Disk vds Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\vds.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
Volume Shadow Copy VSS Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\vssvc.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
WalletService WalletService Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k appmodel Ignore LocalSystem 0
WebClient WebClient Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Windows Backup SDRSVC Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k sdrsvc Normal localSystem 0
Windows Biometric Service WbioSrvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k wbiosvcgroup Normal LocalSystem 0
Windows Color System WcsPlugInService Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k wcssvc Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Windows Connect Now - Config Registrar wcncsvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localserviceandnoimpersonation Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Windows Connection Manager Wcmsvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenetworkrestricted Normal NT Authority\LocalService 0
Windows Encryption Provider Host Service WEPHOSTSVC Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k wephostsvcgroup Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Windows Error Reporting Service WerSvc Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k wersvcgroup Ignore localSystem 0
Windows Event Collector Wecsvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k networkservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
Windows Event Log EventLog Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenetworkrestricted Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Windows Firewall MpsSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenonetwork Normal NT Authority\LocalService 0
Windows Font Cache Service FontCache Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Windows License Manager Service LicenseManager Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Ignore NT Authority\LocalService 0
Windows Mobile Hotspot Service icssvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenetworkrestricted Normal NT Authority\LocalService 0
Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) WinRM Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k networkservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
Windows Search WSearch Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\searchindexer.exe /embedding Normal LocalSystem 0
Windows Time W32Time Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Windows Update wuauserv Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Wired AutoConfig dot3svc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal localSystem 0
WLAN AutoConfig WlanSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
WMI Performance Adapter wmiApSrv Stopped Disabled Own Process c:\windows\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe Normal localSystem 0
Workstation LanmanWorkstation Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k networkservice Normal NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService 0
WWAN AutoConfig WwanSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenonetwork Normal NT Authority\LocalService 0
Xbox Live Auth Manager XblAuthManager Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Xbox Live Game Save XblGameSave Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Xbox Live Networking Service XboxNetApiSvc Stopped Disabled Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Application Identity AppIDSvc Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenetworkrestricted Normal NT Authority\LocalService 0
Application Information Appinfo Running Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Application Management AppMgmt Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) AppXSvc Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k wsappx Normal LocalSystem 0
Client License Service (ClipSVC) ClipSVC Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k wsappx Normal LocalSystem 0
COMODO Virtual Service Manager cmdvirth Stopped Manual Own Process "c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security\cmdvirth.exe" Normal LocalSystem 0
Cryptographic Services CryptSvc Running Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k networkservice Normal NT Authority\NetworkService 0
Device Install Service DeviceInstall Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k dcomlaunch Normal LocalSystem 0
embeddedmode embeddedmode Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Enterprise App Management Service EntAppSvc Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k appmodel Normal LocalSystem 0
Human Interface Device Service hidserv Running Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Microsoft Passport NgcSvc Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
Microsoft Passport Container NgcCtnrSvc Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservicenetworkrestricted Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Optimize drives defragsvc Stopped Manual Own Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k defragsvc Normal localSystem 0
Plug and Play PlugPlay Running Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k dcomlaunch Normal LocalSystem 0
Secondary Logon seclogon Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Normal LocalSystem 0
Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service SstpSvc Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localservice Normal NT Authority\LocalService 0
State Repository Service StateRepository Running Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k appmodel Normal LocalSystem 0
Steam Client Service Steam Client Service Running Manual Own Process "c:\program files (x86)\common files\steam\steamservice.exe" /runasservice Normal LocalSystem 0
Storage Service StorSvc Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Time Broker TimeBroker Running Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localserviceandnoimpersonation Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Windows Defender Network Inspection Service WdNisSvc Stopped Manual Own Process "c:\program files\windows defender\nissrv.exe" Normal NT AUTHORITY\LocalService 0
Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework wudfsvc Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k localsystemnetworkrestricted Normal LocalSystem 0
Windows Installer msiserver Stopped Manual Own Process c:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe /v Normal LocalSystem 0
Windows Modules Installer TrustedInstaller Stopped Manual Own Process c:\windows\servicing\trustedinstaller.exe Normal localSystem 0
Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 FontCache3.0.0.0 Stopped Manual Own Process c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v3.0\wpf\presentationfontcache.exe Normal NT Authority\LocalService 0
Windows Push Notifications Service WpnService Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k wswpnservice Normal LocalSystem 0
Windows Store Service (WSService) WSService Stopped Manual Share Process c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k wsappx Normal LocalSystem 0