LINUX ux-designing debate

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

mrgoogle

LINUX ux-designing debate

Post by mrgoogle »

anyone here currently working as a ux-designer for a linux distro? i want to debate if the desktop environment designing is going the right direction or not ?
i want to join an open source linux ux-designing teaM.
gonzoMD

Re: LINUX ux-designing debate

Post by gonzoMD »

GNOME2/Mate is everything one needs. It is 1000 times simpler than the windows shell or this shitty ubuntu unity shell. Why develop something new when there is something almost perfect already available? The best looking one is KDE though.
No I dont work ux designer, this is just my opinion.
mrgoogle

Post by mrgoogle »

1st of all; thnk u for reply and giving me some feedback, but before we start can i please know your role in the linux community; are you a designer, programmer, engineer or ect???
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

mrgoogle wrote:i want to join an open source linux ux-designing teaM.
Enquiry on some Linux DE team forums, I don't think you'll get enough help on NT reimplementation project forums :-)
Off the top of my head, KDE and elementaryOS projects put a high value on proper design and interface guidelines.
Konata

Post by Konata »

In my humble opine, everyone who doesn't use Xfce is a masochist and most likely blind.
mrgoogle

Post by mrgoogle »

Black_Fox wrote:
mrgoogle wrote:i want to join an open source linux ux-designing teaM.
Enquiry on some Linux DE team forums, I don't think you'll get enough help on NT reimplementation project forums :-)
Off the top of my head, KDE and elementaryOS projects put a high value on proper design and interface guidelines.
please give me some one of those popular linux de forums that u know
mrgoogle

Post by mrgoogle »

Konata wrote:In my humble opine, everyone who doesn't use Xfce is a masochist and most likely blind.
im currently taking my marketing major in college and im really enthusiastic in studying the market indutry's response to the newest OSs like chromebooks vs mac vs windows thats well focus on market segmentation; and from my research the market industry is very choosy when it comes to the desktop environment