FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS DEAD

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

mrgoogle

FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS DEAD

Post by mrgoogle »

Last edited by mrgoogle on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS DEAD

Post by EmuandCo »

One Link and one topic is enough! Tidied up
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
mrgoogle

Post by mrgoogle »

EmuandCo wrote:?
CONTINUE
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

If you think locking a forum thread because everyone except you is fed up with it, is "freedom of speech is dead", then I suggest you develop a bit more empathy. Programmers are cruel, direct and honest beings who will probably hurt your feelings if you ask them for their opinion. If you want a pretty lie, programmers and Linux users aren't the best group of people to turn to.

I also suggest you spent some time thinking and searching about the things that interest you. Nobody will help you if you think about a topic for two seconds and then blurt a question, expecting somebody else will do the research for you.

First, what specific "Linux desktop environment" do you keep asking about in that thread? Second, how many different desktop environments do you know and have tried? Third, nobody ever will remake their design just because you think you have a better idea. If you want your ideas come to fruition, you have two options - a) do it yourself, b) find a project close to your vision and offer your idea to them - if they disagree, tough luck.
Konata

Post by Konata »

Websites are considered private property, legally. The owners have full say in what you can and cannot do in their home.

I'm also beginning to think mrgoogle is a very, erm, special individual.
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

You have right to speak even while being pissed off. Commenting on a website is like writing into someone's wall(most people would complain IRL).
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Personally, I think the mod there was being a schmuck. Yes, as others stated, he had that right, but he was still being a schmuck. I saw how others didn't understand the basics of what was being said. It did seem everyone was being too emotional. Maybe you could have offered chocolate (not sure if it helps guys, though).

And if I may offer constructive criticism, it would have been nice if Mr. Google would have watched spelling and grammar a bit better. The thread title was malformed and made no sense, so there was a lot of needless discussion over that. And then the gem at the end about "if YOUR intelligent..." Your is a possessive pronoun, not short for you are (you're).
erkinalp wrote:You have right to speak even while being pissed off. Commenting on a website is like writing into someone's wall(most people would complain IRL).
Probably not the best analogy. They give you a wall you can write on and a dry erase or washable marker. They still own the wall, but they opened it up for your writing pleasure to a point.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

PurpleGurl wrote:Maybe you could have offered chocolate (not sure if it helps guys, though).
Usually it's the toughest guys who'll accept. Also, you should have actually a good chance at that :-)
mrgoogle

Post by mrgoogle »

Black_Fox wrote:If you think locking a forum thread because everyone except you is fed up with it, is "freedom of speech is dead", then I suggest you develop a bit more empathy. Programmers are cruel, direct and honest beings who will probably hurt your feelings if you ask them for their opinion. If you want a pretty lie, programmers and Linux users aren't the best group of people to turn to.

I also suggest you spent some time thinking and searching about the things that interest you. Nobody will help you if you think about a topic for two seconds and then blurt a question, expecting somebody else will do the research for you.

First, what specific "Linux desktop environment" do you keep asking about in that thread? Second, how many different desktop environments do you know and have tried? Third, nobody ever will remake their design just because you think you have a better idea. If you want your ideas come to fruition, you have two options - a) do it yourself, b) find a project close to your vision and offer your idea to them - if they disagree, tough luck.
you do realize this(arguments) is suppose to be funny
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

I don't understand that, could you maybe give me a bit more context?
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Black_Fox wrote:
PurpleGurl wrote:Maybe you could have offered chocolate (not sure if it helps guys, though).
Usually it's the toughest guys who'll accept. Also, you should have actually a good chance at that :-)
Actually, I was referring more to the hormonal aspects. Supposedly, chocolate helps the emotional side of PMS. Theobromine might help regulate hormones in humans, while it is toxic to certain other mammals such as dogs.

However, the password thing is interesting. And by extrapolation, it could be the real reason why they say not to accept candy from strangers, since that reduces one's defenses or increases the perception of obligation to do what they want. Thus it increases the chances of exploitation. Even this could tie in with hormones or neurotransmitters, though different ones from the ones affected by actually eating the chocolate.
Last edited by PurpleGurl on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrgoogle

Post by mrgoogle »

Black_Fox wrote:I don't understand that, could you maybe give me a bit more context?
i was trolling there, i got banned by angry admins but some admins pretty much appreciated this comedy so they lifted the banned and let me continue on trolling and there's a part 2 of it actually http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... it=freedom
mrgoogle

Post by mrgoogle »

PurpleGurl wrote: Actually, I was referring more to the hormonal aspects. Supposedly, chocolate helps the emotional side of PMS. Theobromine might help regulate hormones in humans, while it is toxic to certain other mammals such as dogs.

However, the password thing is interesting. And by extrapolation, it could be the real reason why they say not to accept candy from strangers, since that reduces one's defenses or increases the perception of obligation to do what they want. Thus it increases the chances of exploitation. Even this could tie in with hormones or neurotransmitters, though different ones from the ones affected be actually eating the chocolate.
if i ever met you in real life i would have given you a box of chocolates with the wedding-ring inside of it, as a sign of my love :mrgreen: