Silly questions about ReactOS

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

PurpleGurl

Silly questions about ReactOS

Post by PurpleGurl »

I'm in a silly mood. There is a silliness thread, but it fell flat last near, and I imagine the mods won't like it if I give it CPR and bring it back from the dead. Now, I wonder if others have questions they'd never start a thread about or which they'd never open a Jira issue about? This is strictly entertainment. Or better yet, why not a silly Q&A? Here are some:

Q: If a watched pot never boils, will a watched ReactOS ever compile?
A: You can try it both ways. Watch the progress and see how many commits occur as you wait for each. Then don't observe the activity for a while and then check what changed. However, this question is much like the Schrodinger cat question. Likely, nobody ever knows.

Q: Will ROS ever support an oatmeal port?
A: If you can prove your computer has one and that it is essential, and you can provide the specs, maybe. However, do be advised that coding for an oatmeal port is likely to be a sticky mess.

Q: Will you make a port for the human brain?
A: This would be difficult to do. The hard drive is incredibly slow and somewhat unreliable, especially the write support. There are multiple architectures to work with. There is no compiler for this platform. Actually there might be, but not all source code you throw at it will result in compiled code. Some will always be interpreted.

Q: Since there is a port for ARM, will anyone ever be able to run it on their LEG or in their HAIR?

Q: Is ReactOS a boy or a girl?

Q: Is ReactOS trans?
A: No. It is not Linux in drag.

Q: Why does my entire computer turn purple after installing ROS?

Q: Why is it when I attempt to install ROS, my screen and keyboard gets white spots?
A: You likely loaded the wrong CD or DVD. Remove the adult image CD/DVD, clean and redress yourself, clean your computer, and insert the correct CD into the computer. Or at least quit eating cottage cheese and watching comedy while you install ReactOS.
Last edited by PurpleGurl on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black_Fox

Re: Silly questions about ReactOS

Post by Black_Fox »

I thought that the questions were a little bit... well... silly, but then
PurpleGurl wrote:Q: Since there is a port for ARM, will anyone ever be able to run it on their LEG or in their HAIR?
Love the wordplay, love the surprise :D
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Q: Is ReactOS pregnant?

Q: Why is posting after yourself not allowed?
A: That might spread a disease. You see, they don't want dead threads to develop bumps.
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

What happens in case Microsoft buys ReactOS foundation?
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Q: Will we get Donald Trump to help make ReactOS great?

Q: Does ReactOS plan to have any babies?

Q: Why won't my Windows 10 app work with ReactOS?