ReactOS Fundraising (adding PaySafe option)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fraizeraust

ReactOS Fundraising (adding PaySafe option)

Post by Fraizeraust »

Salutations everyone!

As you guys know, the ReactOS fundraising currently has PayPal as its main payment option for donation. PayPal itself isn't really bad what-so-ever although the ReactOS staff team should consider implement the PaySafeCard (check this website if you're unsure) option for donation. Here are some points why I consider such suggestion:

1) Ease of use: PaySafeCard doesn't use the log-in method as PayPal does, unless you're using the mypaysafecard account. PaySafe uses a 16-PIN technology which basically all the funds you have are stored inside that PIN. All you have to do when you are paying a transaction bill or donation you must shall type your PIN code of 16 characters and you're ready to go.

2) Security & Safety: Considering the first point above, unlike PayPal, PaySafe is by far the most secure payment option in my humble opinion as it doesn't involve any sensitive credential datas to be typed. Undoubtedly I am not saying that ReactOS Donation page is by any malicious or harmful, this is just a general point concerning the advantage of PaySafe so I beg to anyone not take this serious. :)

3) Fundraising (NOTE: this is only my assumption as I can't predict it to be true as a whole!): If the ReactOS team could ever accept such suggestion I guess it could increase the fundraising income because nobody could afford a PayPal account (in theory people under 18+ may be allowed to create an account but as long you don't have a bank account or CC/DC to link to it, your account is useless).

I, happily speaking, am a multi-platform user since I've been using Windows for many years, currently got in touch with Linux distros and now trying a bit of glance the ReactOS on VM. Here in a small village where I live there is a local bar pub which sells PSCs and that's a great plus for me. Wish that I could donate few bucks with PSC to ReactOS one day. :D

P.S: My deepest apologies to admins/moderators if the topic has been posted under a wrong forum category, I'm new to this forum at the moment.
a.k.a. GeoB99 -- ReactOS Kernel developer -- My Wiki page