Hello Forum!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

AdamMeier

Hello Forum!

Post by AdamMeier »

Hello ROS Community,

Allow me to introduce myself first before I give my general opinion of ReactOS.

I'm Brighton, some call me by ADAM. A sixteen year-old American with a lust of technology.
I had started my career in research of operating systems at 13, upon discovering Linux and other based operating systems. My first computer being Windows, I knew that there was a world beyond a simple start button and an Internet Explorer. Learning of CommodoreOSVision in 2015, I decided to grab VirtualBox and go on a roll with messing with its features, with hopes of OWNING that discontinued distro to update it myself.

Sadly, it failed, as well as dualbooting any other distro besides Commodore.
After being dormant with technology for some while later, I am here after discovering ReactOS.

I honestly think ReactOS could be a potential major power alongside Linux and Windows, considering that ROS is technically the clash of giants of these two products.

I am currently in the works of making ReactOS my new workstation, in a USB of course. I hope to make ROS an alternative so I can do my homeschooling online.
hbelusca
Developer

Re: Hello Forum!

Post by hbelusca »

Hello AdamMeier, welcome to the forums!
AdamMeier wrote:I am currently in the works of making ReactOS my new workstation, in a USB of course. I hope to make ROS an alternative so I can do my homeschooling online.
I don't want to dissapoint you, but currently the USB support in ReactOS is extremely partially implemented and is work-in-progress, and booting ROS from USB almost never succeeded for anyone.
milon

Post by milon »

And don't (yet!) make ReactOS your primary computer! It's very much Alpha stage software. It'll improve, but it's not ready for the big time yet. ;)
CarlRea

Post by CarlRea »

milon wrote:And don't (yet!) make ReactOS your primary computer! It's very much Alpha stage software. It'll improve, but it's not ready for the big time yet. ;)
"Yet" is a good word here. We are waiting for it's fast development :)
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

If I know correctly, usb drivers are in progress of being rewritten.
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

They are. And progressing well, but not in main source yet.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
milon

Post by milon »

Awesome! The trunk commits this year have been looking great. I can't wait for the USB commits to get into trunk too! :D
TheChuckster

Post by TheChuckster »

HI!!! :D