some nice modifications for anonymous users

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

React-ozination

some nice modifications for anonymous users

Post by React-ozination »

Hello There

as we know there are some ppl who take their identities very serious and prefer to hide it.

i like React OS and would love to see it in the future and support it forever , but there is some limitations specifically with the IRC channel.

Freenode policy doesnt want anonymous or hidden identities , so they are blocking Tor connections and by that anonymous users/help cant get through IRC

i wish to see the IRC channel shifting to OFTC , and by that you are allowing all kind of researchers/users to reach to you.

another suggestion:-

as i can see , that the website using SSL certificate (which is good) but signed by Globalsign na-nv which is payable and also closed source.

i prefer if you use open source and and trusted by many global companies and also for sure free which is Lets Encrypt

thank you
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: some nice modifications for anonymous users

Post by EmuandCo »

Cert == Cert regardless who made it. LetsEncrypt is nice, but I don't see any reason to switch over to it out of no reason. Blocking TOR has a reason called trolls and OFTC is a well known troll playground and thus we won't change anything there.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
React-ozination

Post by React-ozination »

EmuandCo wrote:Cert == Cert regardless who made it. LetsEncrypt is nice, but I don't see any reason to switch over to it out of no reason.
LetsEncrypt is just a suggestion for ur website to use free and open source.
Blocking TOR has a reason called trolls and OFTC is a well known troll playground and thus we won't change anything there.
well firstly its Tor not TOR read here

secondly Tor has reason called privacy protection , freedom of speech and programming while using it is possible and real.

Trolls exist no body saying no , but are they specifically connected with Tor? also add to this i can use free vpn and troll inside freenode... so giving this kind of excuse is really cheap. and regardless how many open source and huge projects been held inside OFTC.

all what im saying u r loosing the hidden developers and programmers who want to speak or help using IRC channel. and look for highly anonymity/security care and progress like TBB , Tails , Debian...etc. in the end up to u ppl.

Thank You
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

We do not accept anonymous developers at all. If ppl don't give us a real name we will not accept their patches. If we don't get at least that information we have to prefer the code cleanness from any leaked MS code suddently thrown into our code base over their patches.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

Most free software projects allow pseudonymism. Why do you require real name?
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

erkinalp wrote:Most free software projects allow pseudonymism. Why do you require real name?
Because, contrary to e.g. on Linux or KDE where they may not care about that, for ReactOS (or Wine for that matter), if you get a developer only known by his nickname "I@mTheB3$t" starting pouring patches containing leaked source code which is completely against the rules, then have fun trying to find this guy and sue him in good and due form....
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

Linux does care. KDE, on the other hand, does not try to replicate particular DE.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2