Mozilla

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

jimtabor
Developer

Mozilla

Post by jimtabor »

Mozilla :twisted: (all Open Software Projects) should stay out of politics! Epic fail if they push the fake "Fake New" thing. This kind of thing could roll into OS's too. Our (Open) community can not take sides.
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Mozilla

Post by EmuandCo »

If a project tries to stay open and neutral it cannot stand up for one side of politics not even things happening which are obviously wrong. Thus I fully second Jim's post. Yes, I know... I am the one talking about politics on IRC all the time ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Konata

Post by Konata »

Thank you. I'm planning on moving out of the US because of the censorship and politics, so it's nice to see this place is still safe.
milon

Post by milon »

http://www.businessinsider.com/mozilla- ... ews-2017-8
Katharina Borchert, Mozilla’s chief innovation officer wrote: "If we don’t manage to lessen the mental burden on people constantly worrying if information is trustworthy, it lessens the value of the open web for everyone who participates, and poses a lot of problems downstream," she said.
Yikes! I had no idea this was going on (I've never been a FF user), but I find this stance to be insulting & demeaning. And also censorship in the making. Blech! I think it would be far healthier for people to apply a healthy dose of common sense & skepticism to anything they read online, rather than just blindly assume it's true because the government or FireFox or whatever said so.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Konata wrote:Thank you. I'm planning on moving out of the US because of the censorship and politics, so it's nice to see this place is still safe.
Where will you move? Let me know so I can follow.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Canada seems as similar to the US as you can get without being the US. The Canadians I have met seem well-informed and almost European in outlook.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Konata

Post by Konata »

dizt3mp3r wrote:Canada seems as similar to the US as you can get without being the US. The Canadians I have met seem well-informed and almost European in outlook.
Canada and Europe is even worse. Less riots/protests, but the law enforcement itself targets you if you're guilty of "wrongthink"

I'm personally going to Japan, their collectivist nature and respect for their elders is much better than this current "me me me, and if you disagree I can legally murder you" philosophy of westerns/europeans.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

But we are generally nicer over here. I say generally but it seems to be true.

America has no monopoly on democracy you know. It flowers elsewhere.

If you can't even handle Canada then there's really nowhere for an American but America.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.