ReactOS testers can get a USB -> PS/2 adapter for free

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Michael Long

ReactOS testers can get a USB -> PS/2 adapter for free

Post by Michael Long »

Hello,
I ordered a USB -> PS/2 adapter but received 12 pieces instead. I can keep the rest.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Considering that some people still can't use USB keyboards in ReactOS at the moment I thought it might be helpful to keep 2 (for keyboard and mouse) and give away the rest to other testers.

That's how they work:
You plug the USB connector of your USB keyboard in the one end and then plug the other end of the adapter into your purple PS/2 port on your motherboard. Then you can use your USB keyboard in ReactOS as if you had attached a PS/2 keyboard.

The adapters are teal and they have a symbol of a mouse on them. But plugging in a mouse does not work in ReactOS. Someone already complained about this bug in JIRA. It does not seem to be adapter related. Even though the adapter is teal you need to plug it in your purple keyboard PS/2 port to get the keyboard working. If you plug it in your teal mouse PS/2 port on the motherboard then it will not work.

I tested them all with ReactOS. They should work in principal. There might be other bugs preventing functionality but all adapters should be OK.

That is how you can get one:
  • Write me a private message and send me a delivery address where you want the adapter to be delivered to. Don't publish your private address here in the topic where everyone can read it. You will need to write it down the exact way like you do if you write a letter in your country. The format differs from country to country and in some countries they have characters I don't even recognize so I can't check if the format is correct. But in any case the last line needs to be the name of the country written in English. Only the name of the country needs to be in English. The rest needs to be in the local language. Here is an example:
    Michael Long
    Birkenstraße 24
    23647 Berlin
    GERMANY
  • You also need to tell me if you like to have 1 or 2 adapters. 2 adapters are useful to test a keyboard and a mouse simultaneously. But mice currently don't work (at least not for me) and if you request 2 then someone else who wrote his message later than you won't get anything. I have only 10 adapters to give away. The first will get the requested adapters. I won't send more than 2 adapters to the same address.
  • I have 1 adapter from Microsoft Corporation and 9 no-name adapters. The one from Microsoft is heavier and thicker. But it's cool to have genuine Microsoft parts while doing ReactOS testing ;-) If you want the one from Microsoft then tell me. Otherwise you'll get a lightweight and slim one. But this depends on what I have left when I receive your message.
That's what happens next:
I check my private messages and write the delivery addresses on letters and put the requested amount in the letters. Then I will bring the letters to the post office and pay the delivery costs for you. The letter will be dispatched and hopefully arrive their destinations soon. I will delete your private message and with that the private data you have sent me. I will not publish your private data anywhere but only write it on the letter to send you the adapter(s).

Legal disclaimer:
You are not entitled. If the letter gets lost on it's way or I have no adapters left when you write me your message or something else bad happens then please don't sue me.