ReactOS programming language

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

wimc

Re: ReactOS programming language

Post by wimc »

If anyone wondered why I mentioned dual boot, the old computer will be geared towards development. Related to visual basic 6, and ReactOS.

As for the newer computer, other goals and tasks.

Notepad, I'll never use it for code. ;)
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

wimc wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:34 pm 3. Installed XP and whatever updates I had on C:\ drive.
4. ReactOS recognized both drives (C:\ and D:\), installed ReactOS on D:\ drive, rebooted, failed to load either OS.
Did you let ReactOS installer to rewrite MBR/VBR? :roll:
wimc

Post by wimc »

binarymaster wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:21 pmDid you let ReactOS installer to rewrite MBR/VBR? :roll:
Of course, tried 3 of 4 options. And each of them I had to repair MBR to get into Windows.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

re: the notepad++ recommendation - As an equal to that I would recommend RJTextEd as THE best advanced text/code editor around at the moment. The reason I say this is because Rickard the dev. will implement any good recommendations that enhance the editor or make it a usable tool for you. I have never known such a responsive dev.

This link is to the section of the forum where features are recommended. https://www.rj-texted.se/Forum/viewforum.php?f=6
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.