About reactOS

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

phpinterview1991

About reactOS

Post by phpinterview1991 »

I want to know for whar reactOS used. And what language developer use to develop it. Because i have never heared about reactOS. I have knowledge of c++ and PHP programming language.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Sunil Kumar
phpinterview1991

Re: About reactOS

Post by phpinterview1991 »

Thanks....
:)
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Quite interesting. As first... proof you can stop spamming with a fake signature and then we can talk.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Daniel: I think this could just be a well-meaning ESL student.

phpinterview1991: If the above is the case, you might be better off finding a forum of your native tongue if one exists here.

I don't know what "whar" means. If you are asking what is the application of ReactOS, or what it is used for, it is to be an open source replacement for Windows. It isn't quite ready for everyday usage, but we are getting there. And to be clear, this is NOT a variety of Linux/Unix. It uses only Win32 interfaces at both the kernel and user levels, not any kind of Posix, etc. So if it will run on Windows XP (or 2003 Server), it should run on ReactOS. Should is the operative word, as that is not 100% the case as of yet.

We primarily use C. Some parts of the kernel inevitably use assembly, and the shell uses a lot of C++ due to the extensive use of COM interfaces, which are much easier to handle in C++.