How to compress a file using 7zip

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

kelly1990

How to compress a file using 7zip

Post by kelly1990 »

Hi, I saw in a tutorial on youtube how to compress a file using 7zip website. One example shown was a 4gb file compressed to 800 MB. I tried it on my end to compress a 1.37 Gb file and I was expecting it to be smaller in size but I got the same file size as the original. Why is it like that?
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: How to compress a file using 7zip

Post by EmuandCo »

Well, maybe because your file already is compressed?
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
black soul choir

Post by black soul choir »

File is probably compressed, just like EmuandCo has mentioned (Word *.docx files are archives too), or file is in format where you will achieve little to no compression, like *.mp4 files
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

OP is a spammmer. SpaaaaAAAAmmmmm.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Little evidence of that yet, but very possible due to the pattern. Discuss something offtopic, or even offtopic, maybe without the spam... I did report several of another guy which already had the links filtered out by the server. Even without the links, I knew it was spam, since why would someone pass off my words and those of other users as their own in the same thread without adding any value to the discussion? That might be automated, since they take words that are proven to be accepted and say them too, hoping that camouflages the URL.
kelly1990

Post by kelly1990 »

Fucking those say I'm a spammer..
kelly1990

Post by kelly1990 »

To those answering It's already ok now thanks for answering I found out on google..
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Well, you were just Disapproved with a questionable link in another post. So I would say fuck you, spammer! LOCKED BANNED :twisted:
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...