Ext JS to React blog series

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tsuila

Ext JS to React blog series

Post by Tsuila »

In case you haven't seen me post it on twitter or elsewhere, we have started to publish our Ext JS to React blog series. This series is meant as a transition from Ext JS to React where we show an apples-to-apples comparison between the two. We aren't attempting to teach React, just show a comparison between features. We are planning 34 articles in this series and releasing 2 per week.
hbelusca
Developer

Re: Ext JS to React blog series

Post by hbelusca »

dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

That makes sense.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Whatever we have to do with ReactJS....
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
justincase

Post by justincase »

Tsuila wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:18 pmIn case you haven't seen me post it on twitter or elsewhere, we have started to publish our Ext JS to React blog series. This series is meant as a transition from Ext JS to React where we show an apples-to-apples comparison between the two. We aren't attempting to teach React, just show a comparison between features. We are planning 34 articles in this series and releasing 2 per week.
Tsuila, this website is for ReactOS, a project to reverse engineer and recreate an implementation of Windows NT, currently targeting Windows NT 5.2, a.k.a. Windows Server 2003 which is a minor version increase with a few improvements over Windows XP (NT 5.1). We have nothing to do with ReactJS.

I'd like to recommend that since you're here, you should look into ReactOS a bit more, as I feel it's a great project that needs more supporters, however I must also warn you that it's still currently in an alpha state, meaning that it's not stable or feature complete, and by no means ready to use as your primary operating system.

If you do decide to test it out, I'd recommend that you do so in a virtual machine such as QEMU or VirtualBox, and check out the related information on the pages about virtualization software on the ReactOS wiki before getting started. Then download a recent 'nightly' build from https://www.reactos.org/getbuilds, extract the ISO from the 7z archive using 7-zip, and boot it on your chosen virtual machine.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
Julcar

Post by Julcar »

I wonder, if...

sometime in the future, the ReactOS website could make use of ReactJS library, so finally both can be linked by something
justincase

Post by justincase »

I hope not!

If the ReactOS website used ReactJS, then we wouldn't be able to tell people that there's no connection, people would have an avenue to argue when told that our site's not about ReactJS ("I opened your website in the document inspector, and it looks like it uses ReactJS to me.") and worse: If ReactOS and ReactJS ever end up with one taking the other to court, ReactJS will have extra leverage over ReactOS, in that it'll look like we endorse them because we use their project, where the truth is that ReactJS came up way after ReactOS, using a similar name and branding, and realistically they should have been forced to change their name/branding, but as far as I can tell the ReactOS project didn't want to start of fight with Facebook because they have the money to hire really good lawyers, and ReactOS' money is just donations, and they want to use that to improve the project instead of starting legal battles against a huge corporation that's already proven itself to have questionable ethics.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Hmmmm. My thoughts exactly.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

No, this is not ReactJS. And if we go down that road, then will the Fine Brothers be able to claim they are connected to us next? ;)