I have had enough

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

oldman

I have had enough

Post by oldman »

Post by ThFabba Β» 16 Apr 2019 19:24
Oh. My. (censored). Read the (censored) title of the thread! This is so horrendously off-topic that I'm surprised you aren't all banned yet.
Well, I am seriously thinking, that I may ban myself from reactos.org. I have just had enough of the bad language I read.

Mattermost is full of bad language, sometimes Jira and the forums.

So much for any code of conduct!

This is from within the source code.
# Code of Conduct

Be respectful toward other members of the community.
Don't initiate or engage in discussions that are designed to insult, inflame, attack, or incite hate/discrimination/bullying against others.
Don't feed the trolls. If we detect any kind of behaviour we consider unacceptable, we reserve the right to ban, block, or remove the involved members from any or all of our communities.
This is from the forum.
Code of Conduct

Post by Z98 Β» 06 Apr 2007 00:37

1. Be polite, be courteous, be civil.

Is the the bad language, the reason why there are no female developers at reactos.org?
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
mrmajik45

Re: I have had enough

Post by mrmajik45 »

Adios mi bien amigo. (Goodbye my good friend)
Last edited by mrmajik45 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

Goodbye oldman,
Thank you for your contributions to the community. It is such a pain to have to see you go 😭😭😭. You personally have helped grow my knowledge of how the community works and generated greatly appreciated feedback and commentary to my posts πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. You always had a kind attitude and meaningful regard. May your life be filled with peace, love, and respect πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™.
Thanks,
Reactions
Please support/share my Patreon! Helps so much! https://www.patreon.com/reactions
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

oldman wrote: ↑Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:54 am Is the the bad language, the reason why there are no female developers at reactos.org?
I don't think so. Women usually love brutal men. :twisted:
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Oldman, not wanting you to leave I'll just add that you might need to toughen up a bit. I know some here might use profanities but they can soon be guided to the right path with a gentle suggestion and a little correction. Emuandco is always here with banhammer if you need him.

ReactOS.org is one of the nicer forums I attend and this place is generally a little more civil than any of the others.

Mattermost appears to be more of a braindump, a stream of consciousness for most and therefore you can't expect youngsters to modify their everyday language for the sake of a few. The forum perhaps but not online chat.

You may have to man-up a bit in order to survive here and a lot of other places that are much, much worse. Lastly, is it actually possible to ban yourself? Good luck whatever your choice.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

I guess the "Ban himself" part is him leaving the forums.
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

mrmajik45 wrote: ↑Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:52 pm I guess the "Ban himself" part is him leaving the forums.
Yes I know... :D
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

And I think he is not gone yet and you stand behind him on the cliff and say "JUMP!!"
oldman, if there is any problem I did not see (which is very possible in the spam flood I remove on daily base and you all just don't see thx to approval system) please tell me where. I don't wanna see you go tbh, because you are one of the sane ppl here...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
oldman

Post by oldman »

Thanks EmuandCo; the problem is, I am a very religious person, I can tolerate bad language, though I do not like it, but I am deeply offended when I hear or read any of God's names used as an exclamation, including the acronym.

If this can be address, then I am prepared to stay for longer and continue contribute as before.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Well, of course I cannot disallow any usage of the name in that way because it sort of became mainstream, but if I overread one of these, please PM me and I check what I can do. This forum is meant to be a civil place and no chaos of ppl attacking others. Of course this inludes me and I try to fix my temperament in that case. Still WIP though... So if anyone feels offended or was attacked verbally, tell me. That's one of my jobs here.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Many of us have some sort of religion and there is lot you might not tolerate in your own home and life but it is very difficult to extend that religious code by extension to other's forms of speech. I might say "for gawd's sake!" or "for goodness sake" but we all know it is just a euphemism. I think you need to man up a bit with regard to the usage of God's name as many, in particular Americans use it almost every other sentence, written as "O.M.G." or similar but pronounced in full as an exclamation as soon as anything even slightly exceptional occurs. It drives me nuts too but not for the same reason. Come on old man, toughen up!
oldman

Post by oldman »

Well dizt3mp3r, your post does nothing to reassure me, quit the opposite, it makes me think it is time to go. I see just a little glimmer of hope in EmuandCo's post.

I do not think that I need to "toughen up!" or "man-up". It is very easy being part of a crowd, but it is not so easy being virtually all on your own.

I have question: What would the powers that be around here have to say if people started using the name Allah instead of God, in the same context?
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

oldman wrote: ↑Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:46 pm Well dizt3mp3r, your post does nothing to reassure me, quit the opposite, it makes me think it is time to go. I see just a little glimmer of hope in EmuandCo's post.

I do not think that I need to "toughen up!" or "man-up". It is very easy being part of a crowd, but it is not so easy being virtually all on your own.

I have question: What would the powers that be around here have to say if people started using the name Allah instead of God, in the same context?
Is gosh bad?
Please support/share my Patreon! Helps so much! https://www.patreon.com/reactions
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

oldman wrote: ↑Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:46 pm I have question: What would the powers that be around here have to say if people started using the name Allah instead of God, in the same context?
If it is Allah's will then I'd have no problem with neither God or Allah but then again I have no axe to grind in general except for my own personal hatred toward grammatically incorrect language. It all depends upon where you are as to how you see the world. Just because you have a perspective does not mean the world actually looks that way for everyone else.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Reactions wrote: ↑Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:58 pm Is gosh bad?
Gosh and in particular "golly gosh" is both racist and blasphemous. We know what you mean! ;)