Acer 7720G

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

dizt3mp3r

Acer 7720G

Post by dizt3mp3r »

ReactOS does not yet work on my Acer 7720G laptop (Mobile Intel PM965 Express chipset with NVIDIA GeForce 8400M), black screen after seeming to install correctly. Tried an install on a Dell D400 laptop too and could not get past the same point. However I was able to install reactOS with QEMU and it works beautifully. Looking forward to the beta release. Happy to donate some cash.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Acer 7720G

Post by EmuandCo »

If one of these devices has a serial port, you could provide us with a debug log, but i think i already know whats wrong...
http://reactos.org/wiki/Debugging
If you are able to modify ISO files, open the iso and rename atapi.sys to uniata.sys and uniata.sys to atapi.sys
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Thanks for the response, I swapped the atapi.sys and uniata.sys in the .iso file and burnt a CD to boot from. All went well and looked good but just after AFD.SYS I still get the blank screen. Then nothing. That was on a Dell D800 laptop. Trying on the other machines...

I am so desperate for a win compatible o/s, I run all open source s/w with no trace of Microsoft s/w anywhere. The day my default O/S is ReactOS I will be thrilled.

Yereverluvinunclebert
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

FYI - Same CD boots ReactOS beautifully on an HP Pavilion zt3200.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

FYI - Same CD also boots ReactOS beautifully on a Acer 1640.