Cannot change password after 1-time login

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nintendo Maniac 64

Cannot change password after 1-time login

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

I selected the "Request a new password", and that sent me an email with a link for a 1-time login. When I tried to change my password, it asked for my current password. The problem is that the email with the 1-time login did not actually provide a password, so I have no idea what my current password is, and therefore I'm unable to set a new one.
Webunny

Re: Cannot change password after 1-time login

Post by Webunny »

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:I selected the "Request a new password", and that sent me an email with a link for a 1-time login. When I tried to change my password, it asked for my current password. The problem is that the email with the 1-time login did not actually provide a password, so I have no idea what my current password is, and therefore I'm unable to set a new one.
You request a NEW password, but you have no old one?
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

Webunny wrote:You request a NEW password, but you have no old one?
I requested a new password because I forgot my old one, but I was not given a new password. Instead, I was given a link that would let me log log in for 1 session only.

You can try this out yourself here:
https://reactos.org/user/password
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
Webunny wrote:You request a NEW password, but you have no old one?
I requested a new password because I forgot my old one, but I was not given a new password. Instead, I was given a link that would let me log log in for 1 session only.

You can try this out yourself here:
https://reactos.org/user/password
Well, can't help ya, mate. I think this is something for z98 or vic. Or whomever is in charge of this rather difficult-to-use-and-unwieldy system.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Send me an email with a temporary password from whatever address you used to register to the site and I'll reset it to that.