i dont care
14%

Total votes: 14

.aart3k

Layout redesign

Post by .aart3k »

Hi

I have made a topic like that but there's no effect at the moment so:

I think that current website design is definitively not nice and clear looking. Yes it's simple but i think it needs some work to be made on it.
There is no graphics except logo (that was made former), icons and basic HTML shapes

Actually i'm working on my own redesign (rather on package of my redesign concepts, using open source software only ;) ), based on current but with some graphs and graidents added (to look like a kde-look.org like and some mozilla like stuff)
i'll put them here in a short time.
geertvdijk

Post by geertvdijk »

I agree with you on the fact that it isn't a great looking website, but it works, and it works good, and navigating it is easy. The design isn't distracting, putting the focus on the content.
I do think some extra designing would be nice, but then mainly as improving this design, instead of redesigning. So the same layout, but some additional 'effects' like subtle gradients in the background of buttons and such.
That's just what I think tho :D ^^
(Long story short: I voted no by the way, and this is my motivation) ^^
-graey-
.aart3k

Post by .aart3k »

hm, yeah i'd said it bad. not redesign but general improvement :)
i think at the end of this week i'll show sth of my work
Andrewm1986

Post by Andrewm1986 »

I must disagree

I very much like the newest design
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

This website is an huge improvement from the previous one, and it's continuously improving... It took a lot of time before it was changed, so let's keep it!
ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist »

I totally agree with Andrewm1986 and cmoibenlepro. I really like the design. And it's clean and lean. Adding more graphics and other eyecandy stuff would only eat up more resources, thus distracting people with dialup connection and/or slow computers. I really hate those overblown websites, that take hours to load and eat up 10% of my cpu time.
geertvdijk

Post by geertvdijk »

ThePhysicist wrote:I totally agree with Andrewm1986 and cmoibenlepro. I really like the design. And it's clean and lean. Adding more graphics and other eyecandy stuff would only eat up more resources, thus distracting people with dialup connection and/or slow computers. I really hate those overblown websites, that take hours to load and eat up 10% of my cpu time.
Actually what I ment was some slightly gradiented headers and stuff, just like the ones already there in the phpBB forum... They don't eat much cpu time, they're relatively small (JPEG/GIF/PNG), and they may give it that extra 'boost'...
-graey-