EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ArmyMan007

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by ArmyMan007 »

oldman wrote:This EPIC WIN thread has become too large now, we are all forgetting what as been reported here in the past! I discovered that java jdk 8 was installing and being found by other programmes, such as Netbeans 8, last year. EmuandCo posted here 2 days ago, that "Many of these are in our RApps tool and are known to work ^^".

What is needed is a list of working apps, to check to see if the app is already known to work.
I agree. Though it has been far too long since I opened this thread, I would like to remind everyone what is the main purpose of this thread, as I wrote in the very first post of this thread:
ArmyMan007 wrote:Hey everyone,

Since I opened up the official "EPIC FAIL" thread (link: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10959), I've wittiness numerous users attempt to install / run programs which are usable in Windows™ but ultimitly failed in ReactOS. However, I took notice of vicmarcal's post, pointing out that maybe we should try to show apps (not from the golden apps list) that actually work, showing ROS capability of running more programs then listed in the golden apps list.
We should also update our database, though I don't remember where it is.
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Pi_User5 wrote:XP's netid.dll!!!! I just had to drop in msvcp60.dll for it to load. You can tell it is XP's by the computer icon.
Both images are Error 403 Forbidden. Can you please rehost somewhere else (e.g. imgur)?
XYZ works in ReactOS
I propose we move the definition of "works" from "It can start withou BSOD" closer to "Except for a few visual artifacts it does its job" :-)
henrytang5247

Post by henrytang5247 »

FastStone Image Viewer 5.3 worked in ReactOS!

[ external image ]
Hi I am Henry. I often make Chinese and Malay translation and icons for ReactOS. I also a ReactOS Community Youtube Channel Manager.
[ external image ] [ external image ]
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

We simply need a new compatibility database.
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

Both images are Error 403 Forbidden. Can you please rehost somewhere else (e.g. imgur)?
I fixed it.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
manuel

Post by manuel »

Hanami is a old windows application, work very good in windows 98 and work in reactos too!!!
[ external image ]
henrytang5247

Post by henrytang5247 »

Resource Hacker 4.0 worked in ReactOS

[ external image ]
Hi I am Henry. I often make Chinese and Malay translation and icons for ReactOS. I also a ReactOS Community Youtube Channel Manager.
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

Mono 3.2.3 works in ReactOS
Game Hare in The Hat

[ external image ]
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

I don't know if this counts, but Easy RPG Player for the Web. It actually requires a web server. The funny thing is that the same game won't work for the Easy RPG Player for Windows, it crashed as soon as the program loaded. And yes the server was running on ReactOS.

[ external image ]
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

Dev-C++ 5.7.1 in ReactOS!!!

http://youtu.be/lwBBtnB_9T4
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

[ external image ]
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

Pi_User5 wrote:Mini vMac:

Please, make a video!!!
oldman

Post by oldman »

Pi_User5 wrote:Dev-C++ 5.7.1 in ReactOS!!!

http://youtu.be/lwBBtnB_9T4
by Jedi-to-be » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:18 pm - Dev C++ 5.6.2 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10972&start=375#p112309
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
henrytang5247

Post by henrytang5247 »

Defraggler 2.19 in ReactOS

[ external image ]
Last edited by henrytang5247 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldman

Post by oldman »

henrytang5247 wrote:Defraggler 2.19 worked in ReactOS
Do you mean that, it installs and runs? because it does not look like it can defrag! I see in the screenshot the heading Fragmentation with unknown underneath the heading.

I have had defrag apps install and run, but they do not actually defrag the hard drive!
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.