EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Konata

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by Konata »

I agree, NTVDM probably should get it's own thread. It's great that people are interested in it, but it's very niche. I don't even see how it would benefit ReactOS, if people want DOS then there's FreeDOS. It's pretty much all that gets posted now. I'm a lot more interesting in things that actually push the limits of ReactOS and show just where it is now and how far it's progressed.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

NTVDM will help very much. 16 bit Windows apps will use it too btw ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

There are many that remember and would like to use older DOS based apps for one reason or another. For them it is just part of the ReactOS 'pie' that we are enticing them to eat.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
florian

Post by florian »

oldman wrote:
MugenFighter wrote:
ercanersoy wrote:Good tests for ReactOS. I think, for ReactOS Application Test Center. This may better than EPIC WIN thread.
Mind explaining, I'm a bit confused. The only tests here followed the epic win rules. Maybe too much? Sorry if that is the case; I have a bunch a stress and this is a way I coupe.
Yes , I wondered what he was on about, because this is the 'EPIC WIN!' topic. I think he is suggesting something else! The 'EPIC WIN!' topic is now very full (58 pages), maybe it is time to make a topic dedicated to dos and/or ntvdm!
I would like to support the idea of oldman - and ercanersoy (?) - to open a topic "Epic DOS / NTVDM" as you're very active. DOS Games don't have to R.I.P.!
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

I'm completely in favour of a "Epic DOS Win" thread so that:
- people who want to know which DOS games (or programs) can run on ROS' NTVDM will just have a look at the list without digging into the rest of the epic wins;
- we get games screenshots;
- NTVDM devs can have a look & know what works or doesn't;
- and DOSBox guys can become jealous ^^ :D
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Nice idea. 2nded
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

I'm all for it :-)
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

XROAR works...

[ external image ]

The screenshot isn't good because I took it with VirtualBox and I think it uses a feature added by the VirtualBox's Guest Additions CD.
Last edited by MugenFighter on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.
henrytang5247

Post by henrytang5247 »

Angel Writer in ReactOS.
[ external image ]
Hi I am Henry. I often make Chinese and Malay translation and icons for ReactOS. I also a ReactOS Community Youtube Channel Manager.
[ external image ] [ external image ]
henrytang5247

Post by henrytang5247 »

MemPad in ReactOS
[ external image ]
Hi I am Henry. I often make Chinese and Malay translation and icons for ReactOS. I also a ReactOS Community Youtube Channel Manager.
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

Resource Hacker 3.6.0 in ReactOS
[ external image ]
henrytang5247

Post by henrytang5247 »

Adobe Reader 6.0.1 can open PDF files in ReactOS!
Worked well, Can open PDF file with picture and text. Revision r70141
[ external image ]

Version 7.1 too!
[ external image ]

JPEGView in ReactOS!
Worked well, Can open JPEG, JPG, GIF (animation quite slow), BMP and PNG (some files only). Can zoom in/out, rotate or modify images. Revision r70141
[ external image ]
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

FastStone Capture 3.1 in ReactOS
It worked as well. Revision r69520

[ external image ]
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

64bit Checker 1.1 in ReactOS
Works as well. the OS Name shows Windows Server 2003 Standard. Revision r69520
[ external image ]

Putty Works on ReactOS too!
[ external image ]
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Let me recall the aim of the Epic WIN thread: to report apps that were known to not work on previous versions of ReactOS, and now, are working (this also includes big fat complex apps that almost never worked on ROS but suddently works). Please don't report simple apps that are so simple that they can only work on ReactOS.