EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

MugenFighter

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by MugenFighter »

hbelusca wrote:Let me recall the aim of the Epic WIN thread: to report apps that were known to not work on previous versions of ReactOS, and now, are working (this also includes big fat complex apps that almost never worked on ROS but suddently works). Please don't report simple apps that are so simple that they can only work on ReactOS.
Depends on what you mean by simple, because I could program 50 lines to do 10 + 2, but if it is a unconventional method (for example, it may use keywords in a unconventional way) it may not work.
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

Actually hbelusca, the purpose of my thread is explained here:
ArmyMan007 wrote:(...) the sole purpose is to show programs that are able to run in ReactOS, either partially or completely. No technical details required when you add your working programs.
It's true that it would be better if would see programs which have not worked before on ReactOS, but any working program / software should be introduced. The only thing that we need to make sure of is that there is no duplication. Other than that, everything is welcome - small and big :)

And as a reminder (again): don't post any technical details. We simply want to see pictures / videos of working programs / software. Nothing more, nothing less.

Happy winning! :D
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

ArmyMan007 wrote:Actually hbelusca, the purpose of my thread is explained here:
ArmyMan007 wrote:(...) the sole purpose is to show programs that are able to run in ReactOS, either partially or completely. No technical details required when you add your working programs.
It's true that it would be better if would see programs which have not worked before on ReactOS, but any working program / software should be introduced. The only thing that we need to make sure of is that there is no duplication. Other than that, everything is welcome - small and big :)

And as a reminder (again): don't post any technical details. We simply want to see pictures / videos of working programs / software. Nothing more, nothing less.

Happy winning! :D
Thanks, for the reminder, sometimes on we all forget. On a side note I think at least if someone plans on testings multiple version of the software (like I sometimes do) it would help to mention the software number, this way it will not be mistaken for a duplicate, just a suggestion to try to help.
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

Not sure if this fits the purpose if this topic. Sorry if it doesn't.

This is XP's comdlg32 in ReactOS. :D I remeber a few months ago this errored out with most apps and semi-worked with the Run dialog. But now it works nearly perfect!

[ external image ]
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
Forever Winter

Post by Forever Winter »

InDesign CS 2 on ReactOS r70173

[ external image ]
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I am impressed by both of those, especially the last...

Some of Adobe's older products have just been released without the need to obtain a licence code, they are downloadable from Adobe's site. The early version of Photoshop CS (ver 8.0) is slim in comparison to later versions, is buggy on win10 and ReactoS would potentially act as a perfect platform for some of these older but superb applications.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Pi_User5 wrote:Not sure if this fits the purpose if this topic. Sorry if it doesn't.

This is XP's comdlg32 in ReactOS. :D I remeber a few months ago this errored out with most apps and semi-worked with the Run dialog. But now it works nearly perfect!
It fits the topic's subject as being a Windows component working (flawlessly??) on ReactOS :) I notice something: the "Network neighbourhood" icon looks ugly with those small white stuffs inside the screens of the computers in the icon.
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

FileZilla 3.8.1-RC3 in ReactOS
[ external image ]

MultiRes 1.24 in ReactOS
[ external image ]

SmartVersion 3.0 in ReactOS
[ external image ]

Worked on Revision r70226.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Running filezilla is an epic win in that it runs. Filezilla though, has - or had the biggest security loophole in history, all passwords stored in plain text. Each time you use it to connect to a site, the passwords are stored, unhashed/unencrypted in the same location. It is the first place many trojans look to see what they can steal. A fruitful source for hackers, filezilla, the client has been perceived by some as a trojan itself.

I always worry about filezilla whenever I see it. Many, many sites have been infected due to someone having filezilla on one of their systems. Epic though it is to see it running, I always remind people to avoid it unless you really know what you are doing.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

Here are more Screenshots:
Drive Snapshot 1.43 in ReactOS
[ external image ]

MS Remote Desktop in ReactOS
[ external image ]

Explorer++ In ReactOS
[ external image ]

AkelPad in ReactOS
[ external image ]
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

This has to be one of the best threads on this forum, very positive, upbeat and a fine demonstration - how about an EPIC WIN video? Anyone?
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Concerning MS Remote Desktop, I'm wondering whether it really works, this means, whether it is capable of connecting to a remote Windows computer & displaying the remote desktop.
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

PStart 2.05 in ReactOS
[ external image ]

XnView 2.33 in ReactOS
[ external image ]

Aida32 3.23.7 in ReactOS
Showing OS Name ReactOS Server (Terminal Server Edition), but the OS Code name is Whistler Server.
[ external image ]
oldman

Post by oldman »

hbelusca wrote:Concerning MS Remote Desktop, I'm wondering whether it really works, this means, whether it is capable of connecting to a remote Windows computer & displaying the remote desktop.
I remember someone posting here that they had had MicroSoft Remote Desktop working in ROS, but I cannot find the post. When I was testing VNC apps, I could not get it to work, but VNC does or did work in ROS viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10972&p=110777&hili ... nc#p110777
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

ReactOS in Virtual PC 2004!
[ external image ]