EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

fLuXx

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by fLuXx »

KiCAD - the cad program for drawing schematics and pcbs now works in ReactOS!
[ external image ]

It however suffers some graphical glitches such as not redrawing correctly and drawing all the lines in pcb 1 pixel wide instead of custom size (as can be seen in the previous screenshot). I don't know if I should report this or not.
DivXMan

Post by DivXMan »

In Lazarus seems that icons are flipped vertically.
I'm wrong?
jorge1987

Post by jorge1987 »

DivXMan;-) wrote:In Lazarus seems that icons are flipped vertically.
I'm wrong?
Thats Right...

I don't understand why...
"No te des por vencido ni aun vencido"
jorgeabreu.blogspot.com
desarolloylinux.blogspot.com
PascalDragon

Post by PascalDragon »

jorge1987 wrote:
DivXMan;-) wrote:In Lazarus seems that icons are flipped vertically.
I'm wrong?
Thats Right...

I don't understand why...
I know why: See this bug report in the Lazarus bug tracker, in which the last comment (by me) links to this Wine bug report.

I just tested and in newer Wine versions (I use 1.4) this is indeed fixed.

Regards,
Sven
Free Pascal compiler developer
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Then link this Wine report when reporting the Lazarus bug :)
DivXMan

Post by DivXMan »

I just tested and in newer Wine versions (I use 1.4) this is indeed fixed.
So I think that this bug will disappear shortly in ReactOS too...
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

(from linked discussion) wrote:the problem is that there is no windows function which tells me if the bitmap data in a dibsection is upside down or not. So I use a trick by inverting the first databyte. if the topleft pixel is not changed, the data is upside down. Somehow wine fails this check resulting in a wrong orientation
getDIBinfo should report the height negative for top to bottom images.
Should... but it doesnt.
This is a good example of all the crazy stuff Wine/ReactOS has to be compatible with.
Abyrvalg

Post by Abyrvalg »

Is Firefox working at current builds? I cannot work with any browsers :( FF 10 fails to install (problem with C library), Opera also, FF 3.6 installs properly but generates error during using (it says that some profile files seem to be blocked) and doesn't allow to enter any address. So, there's no working browser at ROS now :?:
jorge1987

Post by jorge1987 »

Abyrvalg wrote:Is Firefox working at current builds? I cannot work with any browsers :( FF 10 fails to install (problem with C library), Opera also, FF 3.6 installs properly but generates error during using (it says that some profile files seem to be blocked) and doesn't allow to enter any address. So, there's no working browser at ROS now :?:
I have the same problem with Firefox, Opera Works acceptably for me.

Best Regards.
"No te des por vencido ni aun vencido"
jorgeabreu.blogspot.com
desarolloylinux.blogspot.com
Zc456

Post by Zc456 »

Abyrvalg wrote:Is Firefox working at current builds? I cannot work with any browsers :( FF 10 fails to install (problem with C library), Opera also, FF 3.6 installs properly but generates error during using (it says that some profile files seem to be blocked) and doesn't allow to enter any address. So, there's no working browser at ROS now :?:
Last build I tried (56192) had a BSOD when Firefox was installed.
Stay frosty, Tony Bark.
Techno Mage

Post by Techno Mage »

Zc456 wrote:
Last build I tried (56192) had a BSOD when Firefox was installed.
I have seen that BSOD on and off for a long time, it mostly seems random.
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

I haven't been able to install ReactOS at all since at least 56173, but this is off-topic. This is the Epic Win thread, not the "stuff isn't working" thread!
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.
milon

Post by milon »

Try K-Meleon. I've had good success with that in ROS.
fred02

Post by fred02 »

DOSGuy wrote:I haven't been able to install ReactOS at all since at least 56173, but this is off-topic. This is the Epic Win thread, not the "stuff isn't working" thread!
Indeed. Perhaps a moderator can move all these browser problems posts to another thread.
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

JRE 6.31 is kind of working in ReactOS. This shows a simple applet running to retrieve the version number:

[ external image ]

Anything more complicated seems to make it fall down and go boom, but this is progress and opens up the potential for more applications to run under ReactOS. :D

BTW, awesome win on the KiCAD! I never knew about that program before, thanks for trying it out and letting us know!