EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Swyter
Location: Spain ← Europe ← Planet Earth ← Milky Way ← Universe

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by Swyter »

jimtabor wrote:WOW!!!! Safari Installed automatically updated the Desktop ICONS!!!!!!!
That happens when the shortcut is saved in the current user's desktop, instead of All Users, like Firefox does.
The former gets caught by the shell, the latter doesn't. So one has to refresh the icon list manually.

Edit: PuTTY has a great way of testing this. The installer gives both options, it's easy to see the results.
External patch contributor for ux/user-mode/l10n/winapi. Sometimes I fix a bit of everything everywhere.
davenardella

Post by davenardella »

Snap7 project for PLC data exchange

Hi All,
Snap7 is an open source project to communicate with Siemens PLC (Programmable Logic Controller).
It's multi architecture, are supported : Intel 32/64, ARM 32, Sparc, MIPS, and actually it runs under Windows (from NT4.0 to Windows 10), Linux, BSD, Solaris, OSX, Android and Arduino.
And, finally, today it also works in ReactOs 0.4.2.

I didn't made a "port", now it just runs using the Win32 dll released.

If someone is interested of creating fee-free ReactOS HMI/Scada, now it's possible to exchange data with S7 PLC (all the models).
Released under LGPL 3.0.

http://snap7.sourceforge.net
https://www.facebook.com/snap7.project

Dave Nardella

To avoid misconceptions, Snap7 it's a library for programmers, the image refers to a demo program that uses the library.

[ external image ]
Last edited by davenardella on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Fascinating...
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
shutzescu

Post by shutzescu »

Neighbours from Hell 2 :twisted: with sound

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[EDIT]
ReactOS 0.4.2 build 73089
VirtualBox 5.0.20
CircularTriangle06

Post by CircularTriangle06 »

My Little Investigations 1.1 (SDL game) works. VBox 4.3.
Installation is tricky. Need to install Additions without D3D, disable VBoxOGL, then install full DirectX runtime (for XInput 1.4), and apply VBox D3D addon manually.
Once multiple audio tracks start mixing, it sounds like parts of different waves get interleaved and occasionally swapped in sound card queue.
That mouse input with custom cursors is working here is surprising because they it doesn't in some other SDL games.
[ external image ]
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

No recent epic wins? :)
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Well I have a partial Epic Win with the Xwidget engine working on the desktop - mostly. It isn't quite an Epic Win though as it does some funny stuff graphically - so it fails to qualify. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16043
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
kolle_hond

Post by kolle_hond »

Not sure if someone has added it yet, but open source alternative to Visio, yEd seems to work:
[ external image ]
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

Clementine is a modern music player and library organizer
Clementine is a multiplatform music player. It is inspired by Amarok 1.4, focusing on a fast and easy-to-use interface for searching and playing your music.
It works in Reactos
[ external image ]
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Context Editor, an advanced and highly configurable text/code editor, my editor of choice for the last 7-8 years.

[ external image ]

Firefox on ReactOS had trouble downloading for some reason but I eventually had to resort to the portable version which downloaded successfully. Installed without a hitch and runs sweetly.

Even though the editor's development has ceased I would still recommend Context as a code editor as it is such a good tool. I have only recently replaced it with Kate (KDE advanced text editor) but I still return to Context for some useful features that Kate does not do well such as searching. Kate does not yet run on Reactos, it installs but does not yet run (a QT app). When it runs I will post another Epic Win!
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Mozilla Thunderbird installs and runs, at least the events calendar seems to.

I could not get it to configure email accounts using the wizard as Mozilla's wizard is known for being rubbish at configuring email accounts. I also could not open the email configuration tool manually because I could not right click and select the menu bar to open anything. The menu bar stays hidden.

So a partial epic win only.

[ external image ]
quartexNOR

Post by quartexNOR »

[ external image ]

Smart mobile studio works. The http server have a problem with socket:listen on port 8090, but webkit renders without problems, compiler works fine and gpu effects executes as expected.

http://www.smartmobilestudio.com
grumly

Post by grumly »

Pixologic Sculptris, a free sculpting program. It needs vcredist 2008.

It works very well, appart from the fact that you need to redraw the window after the not working splash screen and after you import a file or save as. It also crashes if you press Ctrl-Z or Ctrl-S.

http://pixologic.com/sculptris/

[ external image ]
grumly

Post by grumly »

I didn't find any mention of Meshlab so here are pictures taken in VirtualBox. It seems to work well but for the 1st picture I couldn't remember how to do a good reconstruction in Meshlab so I used another program and imported it.

http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

I got the GOG installer to startup and even managed to install and start Earthworm Jim 3D for PC. However Earthworm Jim 3D wouldn't run, just a black screen. But since the GOG installer used to freeze I think this counts.
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.