EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

hbelusca
Developer

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by hbelusca »

ayamiooruri29 wrote:ReactOS in Virtual PC 2004!
It works also on VPC 2007 ;) The real epic win would be to have VPC 2004 or 2007 *running in* ReactOS :)
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

hbelusca wrote:
ayamiooruri29 wrote:ReactOS in Virtual PC 2004!
It works also on VPC 2007 ;) The real epic win would be to have VPC 2004 or 2007 *running in* ReactOS :)
Yeah. i thought never hear ReactOS would work in Windows 7 Virtual PC.
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

HotSwap! v1 in ReactOS
[ external image ]
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

↑↑↑
It does the same thing as you can remove device from Device Manager but it provides much friendly user interface as you remove the removable device from the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the notification area. It also ensures that all data are written and flushed to the disk before the device to be hot-swapped, so you can use SATA/eSATA drive as a removable device much alike USB/IEEE1394 drive.
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

WinZip 11.0 in ReactOS
[ external image ]

7-Zip 15.00 Alpha in ReactOS
[ external image ]

WinRAR 5.30 Beta 6 in ReactOS
[ external image ]

PE Network Manager 0.59 Beta 1 in ReactOS
[ external image ]
amber

Post by amber »

MugenFighter wrote:Nesticle (didn't name it) works.

[ external image ]

It would work before, but I couldn't get to find/load any roms.
I don't see anything epic in the new old game! Game - entertainment. Has anyone tried to run Turpo Pascal or C++? Text, graphical editor? Various kinds of serious and special programs? Games - not managing the machines. They can't send e-mail. They not prepare technical drawings. Understand, not everything in the world game.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

You don't see anything epic when a emulator works on ROS... Well, that's your opinion only I fear... If you are looking for different type of app running, feel free to test them. Back to topic
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
CircularTriangle06

Post by CircularTriangle06 »

In ReactOS environment: VirtualBox 5.0.10, Sound driver, VM Additions (D3D support),
Flash Player 10.3 Standalone [ http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flas ... rchive.zip ],
the following demo plays with all effects and sound:
(deleted the link/image)
Last edited by CircularTriangle06 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oldman

Post by oldman »

amber wrote: I don't see anything epic in the new old game! Game - entertainment. Has anyone tried to run Turpo Pascal or C++? Text, graphical editor? Various kinds of serious and special programs? Games - not managing the machines. They can't send e-mail. They not prepare technical drawings. Understand, not everything in the world game.
Are these serious enough for you? All from 2013; the early days of this topic!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10972#p90911
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10972&start=15#p90934
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10972&start=75#p98503
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10972&start=75#p98524
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10972&start=180#p104532
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

ReactOS as a game platform is one of the MAJOR potential uses for the o/s. Games could be the single biggest reason why ReactOS thrives, don't knock games! I am a serious computer user but I also paid approx. £100 for all the Total War series of games when they originally came out. These are not particularly old games, being high resolution and advanced in concept and design. Unfortunately, none of my installation discs now work on Windows 10 due to DRM issues, secdrv.sys is no longer present on Win10 and as a result a whole raft of games with DRM do not work. They will also never work in the future as MS will not ship a certified version of secdrv.sys on Win10 or any future version of Windows. My only way of getting them to work is to download hacked versions or re-buy the games from places like steam.

ReactOS can raise these games from the dead if ReactOS is compatible, we can simply add secdrv.sys allowing them to run.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

More Screenshots are here:
Bart's Stuff Test v5.1.4 & MetaPath in ReactOS
[ external image ]

Symantec Ghost32 8.0 in ReactOS
[ external image ]

Paint Tool SAI 1.2.0 in ReactOS
[ external image ]
amber

Post by amber »

dizt3mp3r wrote:ReactOS as a game platform is one of the MAJOR potential uses for the o/s. Games could be the single biggest reason why ReactOS thrives, don't knock games! I am a serious computer user but I also paid approx. £100 for all the Total War series of games when they originally came out. These are not particularly old games, being high resolution and advanced in concept and design. Unfortunately, none of my installation discs now work on Windows 10 due to DRM issues, secdrv.sys is no longer present on Win10 and as a result a whole raft of games with DRM do not work. They will also never work in the future as MS will not ship a certified version of secdrv.sys on Win10 or any future version of Windows. My only way of getting them to work is to download hacked versions or re-buy the games from places like steam.

ReactOS can raise these games from the dead if ReactOS is compatible, we can simply add secdrv.sys allowing them to run.
Personally, I grew from the age when games for me what it meant. It's one thing when a child plays on the computer, and another thing - grown man. When a person lose a lot of money on entertainment (albeit small portions) he is either sick, or thus trying to avoid any problems. A lot of people playing - the incidence rate. I'd like to see ROS system for serious people, which helps them in intellectual work. I will survive if it does not start the game, but will experience deep disappointment if need for me the program not to start. Games me do not bring money, but they good consume.

P.S. The ROS will do for smart people ;)
P.P.S. ayamiooruri29 - Similar results for me much more important than the running game.
P.P.P.S. Ah.... win16 applications.... mmm...
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

OK. Seems like you did not understand my hint with the back to topic + you insulted a big amount of ppl including me! This is the last warning before you have time to be serious... Outside of this forum!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Emuandco, I think that was a prompt warning and ought to be heeded if Amber is ever going to post again. We don't people like him on the forum if he is going to be insulting.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

The game is worked this:
Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea works on ReactOS!
[ external image ]