EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

MadWolf

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by MadWolf »

oldman wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:52 pm
manuel wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:45 pm No, it was only tested on VirtualBox, in fact my computer don't have a CD/DVD reader, I can't test on real hardware.
Then it is not an epic win. InfraRecorder (tested a month or so ago) runs but does not find a CD burner, though the computer has 2 drives, so it is not an epic win.
can it find a cd/DVD drive?
have you tested the other functions of the program?
if it can see a CD/DVD drive and can make an iso of the CD/DVD or it can make an iso using files on the computer or other functions of the program then it is an epic win
Illen

Post by Illen »

Partial Epic Win
He9IkDa.png
He9IkDa.png (228.43 KiB) Viewed 5581 times
The font is broken and it's impossible to import any files, although it's still possible to actually do something with bundled assets, also it works relatively stable (no crashes or freezes). Requires wmvcore.dll, atmlib.dll and msdmo.dll files from Server 2003, Mesa3D library and SwiftShader. Wine Gecko package is required for installation.

UPDATE: The font is fixed as of 0e56ec8
sEhBksf.png
sEhBksf.png (100.59 KiB) Viewed 5581 times
Last edited by Illen on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patchworks

Post by Patchworks »

Illen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:08 am Partial Epic Win
Suggestion: what about testing the open source Olive NLE ?
Illen

Post by Illen »

Patchworks wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:42 am Suggestion: what about testing the open source Olive NLE ?
Feel free to find the XP/2003 compatible version and try :)
perseus

Post by perseus »

Checksum-Aide 1.0.1.0 installs and runs flawlessly under ReactOS 0.4.11!

[ external image ]
Oleg Dubinskij

Post by Oleg Dubinskij »

Yeah! :D Microsoft Net Framework 3.0 SP2/3.5 SP1 from this addon: http://files.simplix.ks.ua/DotNetPlus.rar installs and works correctly in ReactOS, unlike official MS installers, which have issues with installation. Also 1.1 SP1 version from there installs successfully unlike version 1.1 from Rapps. Even MS Net Framework Setup Verification tool, which can be downloaded here: https://msdnshared.blob.core.windows.ne ... er_new.zip, successfully verifies Net Frameworks installation. :) Moreover, I could launch some of my .NET3.x apps in ReactOS, although not all.
For installation, just extract DNF30 and DNF35 folders from DotNetPlus.rar\DotNetPlus\Files\ForceCopy\SVCPACK\DotNet.exe\$WINDIR\Temp\DotNetSIM\dotnet113540c.7z and launch DNF30\Netfx30a_x86.msi and DNF35\Netfx35a_x86.msi for installing NF 3.0 SP2 and NF 3.5 SP1 accordingly. Same is for DNF11\Netfx11a_x86.msi. Before this, install NF 2.0 SP2 version also, since 3.0 SP2 And 3.5 SP1 depend on 2.0 SP2. It may be version from Rapps or from this pack, but in second case you also need to install MS Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable from Rapps before NF installation.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Oleg Dubinskij

Post by Oleg Dubinskij »

Yeah! One more Epic Win! Shell Technology Preview 2.0 for Windows NT 3.51 works in ReactOS! :D Download: http://old-dos.ru/dl.php?id=11187
For installing it, just replace the following dlls from that archive with overwriting ReactOS's versions:
in %SystemRoot%\system32: appwiz.cpl, comctl32.dll, comdlg32.dll, conexts.dll, control.exe, docprop.dll, grpconv.exe, imagecfg.exe, inxtoreg.exe, linkinfo.dll, mv.exe, ntlanman.dll, ntlanui.dll, ntshrui.dll, quickview.exe, rm.exe, rundll32.exe, runonce.exe, shell32.dll, shscrap.dll, shuttle.exe, syncapp.exe, synceng.dll, syncui.dll, userexts.dll;
in %SystemRoot%: explorer.exe.
Don't forget to register shell32.dll. After reboot, shell will become working. ;)
Optionally you can replace all *.cpls from Windows NT 3.51, since most of ours *.cpls will not be able to launch due to missing functions in MS Shell32.dll. Also the following dlls are needed by them: drivers.dll, ftpsvapi.dll, language.inf, mmdriver.inf, netrap.dll, netui0.dll, netui1.dll, netui2.dll, nvprovau.dll, sfmapi.dll, sound.dll, t1instal.dll, video.inf, xactsrv.dll.
This shell also needs the following dlls from NT 3.51: browser.dll, clb.dll, commdlg.dll, compobj.dll, mprui.dll, ulib.dll.
Additionally, if you want to get better work of NT 3.51 programs (for example, make Paintbrush able to close properly), you need to replace ole32.dll, oleacc.dll, oleaut32.dll, olecli32.dll, olecnv32.dll, oledlg.dll, olepro32.dll, olesvr.dll, olesvr32.dll, rpcrt4.dll. You can get most of them from NT 3.51, but ole32.dll, oleaut32.dll, olepro32.dll and rpcrt4.dll you need to get from Windows Server 2003, since these ole dlls are part of shell, and they depend on MS rpcrt4.dll, since our version has missing APIs. If to replace ole32.dll, oleaut32.dll and olepro32.dll from NT 3.51, all shell extensions like 7-Zip, will not work and shell will have another problems in its work.
Finally, don't forget to register MS ole32* and rpcrt4 also.
For correct opening My Computer, Trash, Network Places etc. from Desktop, you need to modify the following registry values onto the same values as in Windows NT:
in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\command set Default to Explorer.exe /e,/idlist,"%I","%L" and
in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\command set Default to Explorer.exe /idlist,"%I","%L".
See video: https://youtu.be/_B1mHXxqUTk
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by Oleg Dubinskij on Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Oleg, put some photos here so casual visitors can see the result without having to watch the whole video.That's the point of the "epic win" thread.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Oleg Dubinskij

Post by Oleg Dubinskij »

dizt3mp3r, thanks. I edited the post.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

I love it! Man, I miss that version of Paint...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Oleg Dubinskij wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:05 pm dizt3mp3r, thanks. I edited the post.
That's very good Oleg!
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Illen

Post by Illen »

Oleg Dubinskij wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:18 pm Yeah! :D Microsoft Net Framework 3.0 SP2/3.5 SP1 from this addon: http://files.simplix.ks.ua/DotNetPlus.rar installs and works correctly in ReactOS...
Nice find :)

ReactOS successfully (without any crashes or asserts) booted from NTFS volume through NTLDR, using the ReactOS' own NTFS driver with write support enabled.
XC33kHk.png
XC33kHk.png (33.46 KiB) Viewed 5581 times
EDIT: See CORE-16045 for the bitmaps issue.
Last edited by Illen on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

WOW. Nice one :D
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

We note some minor corruptions, though (e.g. missing start-menu bitmap...)
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

hbelusca wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:13 pm We note some minor corruptions, though (e.g. missing start-menu bitmap...)
This reminds me a similar problem we once had with early Btrfs boots, that's some SxS / comctl versioning problem due to very long path handling issues.