Greek translation pending for ages

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

crackez

Re: Greek Translation Pending ..many days now

Post by crackez »

@EmuandCo I'm really wondering why I have the tittle and rights of translator :o

So if John(or Giannis in Greek if you prefer) don't come for 1 year the translation is useless,
we probably need more trusty Greek speaking people so we know whats going on and don't have
to rely on one and only person.

@Haos I have seen many but I just expected a way more active community here for this matters. I'm not offended I'm just sad as I do translations for other programs/applications and are approved without the need of "begging" ..in the end I'm just trying to help, no one is going to replace my time or my effort for this translation nor anyone is going to pay me ..but I still want to do it!

@EmuandCo about the "After one successful verification we could give him access to the translation tools of roscms" <-- I have access to RosCMS Interface its just what I translate it goes to pending and need someone to approve it (don't know who has access to do that), so its like having limited access(something like guest account on windows, you still have access just not admin rights :D ).

P.S. I've seen a few replies from people here and I'm a bit happy about it, at least someone is interested in this and I'm not the only one trying to help. Should I go to irc? ..I mean thats how I got Translator level in the first place, but even then to whom I should talk about this? anyone? :geek:

@Aenea ...nice idea, So someone should get some parts of English(a few paragraphs over the pages) and some parts of my tranlated work and give them to the forum and ask them if its what its suppose to be ..or totally different <-- we'll have the result and everyone is happy!
Multiple lines from multiple tranlated pages ..so it would be easy for you and for them ..by you I mean whoever has access to the pending tranlations of mine and the original pages.
crackez

Re: Greek Translation Pending ..many days now

Post by crackez »

Haos
Test Team

Re: Greek Translation Pending..many days* now[*EDIT: Months

Post by Haos »

@smiley

Could you take a look at this?
crackez

Post by crackez »

I've spoke in the past with Giannis (lots of years ago).. I don't think I'll find him

I've send messages but no replys so its a dead end. I guess no one needs a translator :evil:
Last edited by crackez on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

There is a developer with that nick and the message is meant for him ;)
crackez

Post by crackez »

Black_Fox wrote:There is a developer with that nick and the message is meant for him ;)
This ain't happening. Post went up on May, we have Sep ..so no 'movement' at all, there was pleanty of time for someone to care about this, so probably this is waste of time and not worth it.

From me it was a waste of time for interesting in this but got no real reply from someone who's responsible on translations, and secondly from people who are responsible for things like that and don't care/see this post.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

What a disgrace…
Smiley
Developer

Re: Greek translation pending for ages

Post by Smiley »

Hey sorry for all the trouble but I wasn't aware of the issue . I just got an email from zachary telling me about this. He also said that Haos sent me an email about this but I didn't get it. I'll have a look at this today
Smiley
Developer

Post by Smiley »

ok, sorry for the delay, I applied the translations yesterday
crackez

Post by crackez »

Smiley wrote:ok, sorry for the delay, I applied the translations yesterday

Really? wow thats a weird situation, I don't believe it to be honest until I'll check it out myself. So now I
can translate without pending or what.

P.S. (the following message is in Greek). Ρε 'συ, αν είσαι αυτός που νομίζω έχουμε ξαναμιλήσει στο παρελθόν, βέβαια αρκετά παλιά
αλλά δεν έχει σημασία. Παιδεύω να μεταφράσω την ιστοσελίδα και πέρασαν διακόσια χρόνια ως που να αποφασιστεί
ότι όλα είναι εντάξει. Ελπίζω τώρα να μην χρειάζεται επιβεβαιώσεις γιατί αλλιώς πραγματικά είναι κουραστικό το θέμα.

Αυτά,
Κώστας

EDIT: My translations are live, after lots of months I see them up :} ..now I can keep going(providing that pending this is no there of course)
Adif

Post by Adif »

Note to self, sign up for that Greek language course at the local community college.

(Mom was from Sparta, but only taught me a few words when she was alive :( )
crackez

Post by crackez »

Adif wrote:Note to self, sign up for that Greek language course at the local community college.

(Mom was from Sparta, but only taught me a few words when she was alive :( )
I can teach you some phrases in Greek :P its not as hard as they say(but I'm probably wrong due to fact I'm Greek hhahah)

But I should warn you my grammar is awful, the weird part is that I know if something is wrong not from the grammar knowledge I've got
but from the sound that comes to my ears(tell me crazy but thats how I "work"). I remember for example in my University days we had
a programming language that needed good grammar skills and the professor tried to tell me that its easy to program you just need to find
the nouns the adjectives and all that stuff, so when I told him that its a bit difficult to me, then she told me to remember my English classes when
I was in Greece, my answer was that I didn't do any. She was shocked a bit, after that she tried to explain me what are they but with no use. So I
explain her that the problem is not in the English language but in me :D

P.S. Luckily I manage to pass that module (baraly but I passed it :P)