<DELETED>

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

alex_farlie

<DELETED>

Post by alex_farlie »

<DELETED>
Last edited by alex_farlie on Tue May 15, 2007 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
terrance

Post by terrance »

Yes we do and we welcome any kind of support. :D
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

Maybe when ROS can run the apps my university use we can send a recomendation to him to move over... but we need tro be able to run many apps, like SX, SPSS, Mathemathica, Physiological, some dos apps they still use, network apps, security must be at least like nt4 (the system they still using), and we must support the network printers, and the network folders.
alex_farlie

Post by alex_farlie »

(Deleted)
Last edited by alex_farlie on Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GvG

Post by GvG »

Steven Edwards is working on putting together a white paper in which some of the big names in the open source community express their support for ReactOS.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Support from the academic world!

Post by Jaix »

I think support from the academic world would be totally wonderful, government funded programmers with a lot of energy and time would be a good assett for ReactOS.

PS. Rectos wasn´t a nice name (could be associated with Rectum), ROS isn´t that crappy is it? ;-)
Last edited by Jaix on Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headstrong

Post by Headstrong »

I work for a college (in scotland) and have been praising reactos to many people tutors/ students/ IT support (anyone who will listen)

an open letter / press release aimed at the academic community sounds like a good idea to me (after 0.3 maybe ?), even if a few colleges install it on a few machines or let students fiddle with the code it would be a good thing.
alex_farlie

Post by alex_farlie »

(Deleted)
Last edited by alex_farlie on Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CH_Valio

Post by CH_Valio »

I have a specific question about this topic.
I'm tutor in a CS course (operating systems & computer architecture), where the students should work on a project of about 60 hours/student. Unfortunately most of them aren't yet familiar in coding c/c++/asm (2nd year).
However as I really love the idea behind ReactOS and I'm now asked for project proposals, I wanted to ask you if you could think of a specific project in ReactOS which could be used for this purpose :?: (please regard that it should stick to the subject of the course)
I think this might also be interesting for other CS courses of other universitys...(?)

[OT]I'd really like to help ReactOS - or at least find a useful project here - myself, but I have almost no spare time, to go deeper in this :(
I wanted to start as a German translator, but actually I haven't translated anything so far :roll: [/OT]
TOTMS

Re: RectOS and academia?

Post by TOTMS »

alex_farlie wrote:Simple questions but presumably a complex answer.

Does ReactOS need (or desire) support from both instiutions and indviduals
academics?

If so what form of support?

Alex
This is a really great idea, once the white paper is released, I will contact the people in the Computing Science faculty and see if they will join up.

On a side note Mathamatica *shudder* how I loath that program :(