Potential problem with 0.3.15 on real hw

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SomeGuy

Re: Potential problem with 0.3.15 on real hw

Post by SomeGuy »

Ok, I tried bootcd-58635-dbgwin.iso, what 0.3.15 was branched from, and that installs perfectly. The latest trunk also installs perfectly, but BSODs after starting the GUI apparently due to recent check ins that have nothing to do with uniata or 0.3.15.
ajtsoukalas

Post by ajtsoukalas »

I have installed lastest trunk on a Pentium II 400 with 192mb of RAM WITH an AGP ATI Rage IIc with 8mb and a 3com 3c905 NIC.

It installed but wouldn't boot completely when I had it connected to a Belkin 8 port OmniView PRO3 KVM but when I removed the keyboard/mouse USB cable from the KVM (leaving the monitor cable connected) and added a PS/2 keyboard/mouse it booted up and let me do setup. It's looking really good. I haven't had a chance to find the nic driver or test any software yet but I will do that as soon as I can. This is the first time I have gotten hardware to look this good. I will try the RC's next.
mametoc

Post by mametoc »

Tested "bootcd-58781-dbgwin" in Real Hardware. Installation ok. Note: Always started whit "Reactos (Log file)".
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Not a lot of regressions then!Also, if those who have issues booting or at GUI stage may give us a log, it will be really really handy :)
USB problems, incompatibilities are wellcome too :)
seven_ro

Post by seven_ro »

http://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-6574 need more voters, watch and developers (little problem with usb)
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Well, I went back and tried to narrow down that issue I was having with the 0.3.15 RC2, but I can't seem to replicate the issue now. Perhaps it was just a bad CD-RW disk. So you can scratch that. Sorry I haven't had more time to test.
zehnvor

Post by zehnvor »

I tested r58857 on real hardware and the installation worked fine,
but when the system restarted, the GUI appeared shortly and then a BSOD came up.

My CD-ROM drive is slave and my HDD is master...
ImperialSpectre

Post by ImperialSpectre »

I've just tested 0.3.15RC2 on my computer and all I get is a black screen - I'll try testing the latest trunk builds to see if this time I don't get a BSOD error if I do I'll report the screen debug report at jira.reactos.org
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes
ImperialSpectre

Update: I've just tried bootcd-58859-dbg and it just goes to black screen, and unfortunatly it means I can't get a debug report back to the devs.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

ImperialSpectre wrote:Update: I've just tried bootcd-58859-dbg and it just goes to black screen, and unfortunatly it means I can't get a debug report back to the devs.
Please try disabling all the usb devices, anc card readers if any.
Try to run the machine with the minimun devices attached.
ImperialSpectre

And if I do that how am I suppose to take a debug screen dump report? My keyboard & mouse is a USB, without it I can't control the options at boot.
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

Yes, I have the same problem in my USB keyboard in bootCD, in any keypress attempt only NumLock blink and that's over.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2