biuld 63182 + Adobe Flash 11.7 + Firefox 28.0 = Watch movies

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Obnesence

biuld 63182 + Adobe Flash 11.7 + Firefox 28.0 = Watch movies

Post by Obnesence »

Wow! Keep up the great work guys!

Long time lurker.

I am impressed. ReactOS is really coming far fast, after so long in development. I recall first following the project around 88-89 as an undergrad. At that time I tried to volunteer my skills to help, but had little to offer. These past few months development has rocketed.

Just today I tested ReactOS build 63182 + firefox 28.0 and Adobe Flash 11.7. I visited vudu.com and loaded a movie I own. I got 3-4 seconds of Iron Man 3. Now some might not think that huge, but I have been testing ReactOS builds several times monthly for a long time and at least daily since the Revolution was announced. All previous tests led to ReactOS hanging with flash pegging the cpu at 100%.

This is huge.

I have contributed once already to the Revolution for development on 0.4. This is exactly what I want my contribution going toward. Unfortunately, wife would be quite tweaked if I dropped $10K to get Flash 13.0 working on ReastOS 0.4, however, is there anyone out there who is willing to pool for $10K to support Adobe Flash 13.0? I can probably kick-in $3K to start the pool.

Cheers!
Marc ODell
DOSGuy

Re: biuld 63182 + Adobe Flash 11.7 + Firefox 28.0 = Watch mo

Post by DOSGuy »

I expect your wife wouldn't be too pleased about $3000 either! Instead of using the $10k option, why not buy a bunch of Push Your App votes? It should take a lot less than $10k to win the vote.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

DOSGuy wrote:I expect your wife wouldn't be too pleased about $3000 either! Instead of using the $10k option, why not buy a bunch of Push Your App votes? It should take a lot less than $10k to win the vote.
For $3000 you could buy 37x "the push your app x5" perk. which would make 185 votes.

I think the target of the skip voting perk are companies who would like to see their software work on ROS.
Frontier

Post by Frontier »

Hey, glad to hear from you, and it's great that you've had some success and have noticed the increased pace in development. If you are able to donate $3000 it would be amazing and very much appreciated. Currently we have one full time paid dev (our first), and we've had a few contracts recently too on top of our usual pro bono stuff which have helped a lot.

With $3000 we can pay for essentially 3 coder months of work, which would be great. The best person to talk to is probably Amine ( amine[dot]khaldi [at] reactos.org ) who can advise on how much we can do on flash compatibility for that. Shoot him an email.
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

Obnesence wrote:Just today I tested ReactOS build 63182 + firefox 28.0 and Adobe Flash 11.7. I visited vudu.com and loaded a movie I own. I got 3-4 seconds of Iron Man 3. Now some might not think that huge, but I have been testing ReactOS builds several times monthly for a long time and at least daily since the Revolution was announced. All previous tests led to ReactOS hanging with flash pegging the cpu at 100%.
I'm curious to know if you had your best results under Firefox 28 after testing a ton of other browsers. I've had my best luck under Opera 9.64, but I haven't tried FF 28 yet. I'm just wondering if the issues you've been having are being caused by Flash or Firefox.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.
AmineKhaldi
Developer

Post by AmineKhaldi »

Obnesence wrote: Wow! Keep up the great work guys!

Long time lurker.

I am impressed. ReactOS is really coming far fast, after so long in development. I recall first following the project around 88-89 as an undergrad. At that time I tried to volunteer my skills to help, but had little to offer. These past few months development has rocketed.

Just today I tested ReactOS build 63182 + firefox 28.0 and Adobe Flash 11.7. I visited vudu.com and loaded a movie I own. I got 3-4 seconds of Iron Man 3. Now some might not think that huge, but I have been testing ReactOS builds several times monthly for a long time and at least daily since the Revolution was announced. All previous tests led to ReactOS hanging with flash pegging the cpu at 100%.

This is huge.
Members like you are what keeps us motivated and focused towards progressing further despite our severely limited resources (hence the campaign). Thank you for following the project and appreciating the hard work that not only the ReactOS Team, but the whole ReactOS Community is doing!
gonzoMD wrote:For $3000 you could buy 37x "the push your app x5" perk. which would make 185 votes.

I think the target of the skip voting perk are companies who would like to see their software work on ROS.
Frontier wrote:With $3000 we can pay for essentially 3 coder months of work, which would be great. The best person to talk to is probably Amine ( amine[dot]khaldi [at] reactos.org ) who can advise on how much we can do on flash compatibility for that. Shoot him an email.
I agree with Robert and Huw, please consider backing the Indiegogo campaign with the $3000 while selecting the "push your app x5" perk and we will take it from there. The reason why we didn't suggest a direct donation is simply to help pushing the campaign into success!

Please don't hesitate to email me if you have more questions.

Cheers ;)
jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

I have never told you, but if you say this motivates you... i always daily check the forums, the git logs and the revolution campaign hoping for a huge donation :') i haven't donated yet but i will soon!!!