Blog: Advancing the TODO list...

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

Blog: Advancing the TODO list...

Post by Z98 »

zydon

Re: Blog: Advancing the TODO list...

Post by zydon »

Around the same time, I also started looking into the menubar, and how the CDefView and ShellBrowser interact. I decided to dump part of the menu-related code, which was recreating the whole menu every time the user clicked on the window. In its place, I put some temporary code that empties the menu, and refills it.
It seem adding menu items trigger WMCREATE message and not been cleared after creation is done. So, each time event messages intercepted, WMCREATE is still has value which is the top priority to be responded before next messages such as click and so on. It should be somewhere in menu items creation enclosure to clear the WMCREATE values. Missing clean up procedure perhaps.
justincase

Post by justincase »

gigaherz: Advancing the TODO list... wrote:Having closed this issue, I moved on to start looking at other bugs and missing features, and decided to try getting the accelerators (the feature that makes hotkeys work) to work. I had to fix some parts of the code flow to allow the accelerator functions to run, and in the end, although I left them working, they don’t exactly work the way Windows manages them.
I'm so excited, I had a bunch to do over the weekend, so I haven't tried out any of the new builds yet, but after reading this I can barely wait to go home and build a new rev of the shell-experiments branch :geek:.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Hehe very nice!

But is it normal that the menus are called "FileX", "EditX" and so on... ? (maybe it's related with X-Files, dunno :D )
And I see that the disabled buttons still display as grayed squares.
gigaherz

Post by gigaherz »

That was a little debugging trick I used, the X marks the menus with a submenu. It allowed me to tell if the menu was losing the submenus after it was assigned, or they were never there to begin with. At the time I took the screenshot, the code was still there, but I removed it afterwards.

If you want to check the latest builds, you can install one of these:
[20:16] (@gigaherz): [...]bootcd-SX-mingw-r63479.7z
[20:16] (@gigaherz): [...]bootcd-SX-vs12-r63479.7z

Note that the vs12 build requires WinDbg to be connected to the serial port, if you have one.

EDIT: Links removed. Read the post below for the reason.
Last edited by gigaherz on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamax92

Post by gamax92 »

Oh man, that is quite the experience change.
This new explorer feels much more improved and usable.

BSOD'd when pressing backspace in the Address Bar, seems reproducable by constantly hitting backspace, will get debug logs in a bit.
EDIT: Debug log here
gigaherz

Post by gigaherz »

There's a rather bad leak currently. A dozen navigation actions (backspace, back/forward, enter/leave a folder, ...) are enough to cause a reproducible crash in the Heap. You found one of the fastest ways to cause it ;P
gigaherz

Post by gigaherz »

My Dropbox Public folder was temporarily banned due to excessive traffic, so I have removed the iso links from it.

When I make new isos, I will upload them to a new place that has less restrictions.
gamax92

Post by gamax92 »

Seems you're quite the popular guy :P
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

gigaherz wrote:My Dropbox Public folder was temporarily banned due to excessive traffic, so I have removed the iso links from it.

When I make new isos, I will upload them to a new place that has less restrictions.
Keep us informed! :-)
BrentNewland

Post by BrentNewland »

gigaherz wrote:My Dropbox Public folder was temporarily banned due to excessive traffic, so I have removed the iso links from it.

Firedrive.com. As far as I know you only have a space limit, unlimited transfer. It's also consistently the fastest file sharing service for me.