0.3.17 testing

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: 0.3.17 testing

Post by EmuandCo »

OK, assigned it to me.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Zehnvor updated all versions to what's in RAPPS (instead of what's in 0.3.16), additionally he ADDED some apps, contrary to what Z98 requested. Team, please do communicate on this.

Also, the {{JIRA|xxxx}} template is somehow broken since somewhere around ~10 hours ago - it sometimes inserts a newline after it's used and the comments look weird (and take up redundant space) because of it.
EDIT: Another thing that was probably brought in through and update is that whenever I refresh a page, it will say "Your edit was saved".
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

I've uploaded another RC that includes fixes intended for LMarble/LBreakout.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactos ... p/download
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Cool, more green color for the table! Could you please also merge fix for CORE-8665?
EDIT: Also, Adobe's Reader 6 and Reader 7 have regressed since 0.3.16 and 0.3.15 respectively, on the slim chance the issues have slipped under the radar.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

I've pulled in the fix for 8665, but no one currently seems to have time to work on the Adobe related regressions. That said, we do seem to be making fairly good progress with knocking down regressions, hence why this testing before releases is important. There's also been a couple of recent developments that might well make the next release more, interesting, than we originally thought possible.
middings

Post by middings »

Any chance of pulling in Kamil Hornicek's fix for CORE-8547, "NUM Lock LED don't turn on when it's activated"? The num-lock LED is itself a trivial thing but it is noticeable when it doesn't work and makes a bad first impression for the project. (I accept whatever decision the release engineer makes about this.)
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Z98 wrote:That said, we do seem to be making fairly good progress with knocking down regressions, hence why this testing before releases is important.
Thanks for the merge. I agree it's actually pretty good that the team managed to cut down the regression number so quickly. This release testing fit my schedule since this once I had a few days of free time, also the table motivates for a more structured approach to testing instead of random "and what about this one?".
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Sorry, had no time for rapps yet. I WILL do that tomorrow... Work and stuff kept me busy all time that week.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
kolle_hond

Post by kolle_hond »

I just want to make sure, is it just me, or is there an issue with the newer versions not showing the selected icon/folder/shortcut? Testing things like copy/paste is quite difficult now :(
I'll start testing the apps in the meantime.

*Update*
Regarding the bug above, it also makes it extremely hard to work with long file names. I have to gamble when picking a VC++ install file and hope it is the correct one.
VC++ 2010 SP1 Redist (at least the installer) is not working:
[ external image ]
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

kolle_hond wrote:is there an issue with the newer versions not showing the selected icon/folder/shortcut?
It's not just you, don't worry. A possible workaround is to select by right-click. I you just need to know the filename, then click elsewhere to close the context menu - the filename will stay shown in full length.
Thanks for bringing this up, is there actually a JIRA issue for that?
Forever Winter

Post by Forever Winter »

The issue at https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-8574 seems to deal with that issue.
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

Please backport Uniata fixes to 0.3.17

https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-8694
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

New RC incorporating offbyone browser fix, keyboard lights fix, and an update for uniata up to 45b1. I'd like to ask people to help check and make sure the new uniata version doesn't break anything.

Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Z98 wrote:New RC incorporating offbyone browser fix, keyboard lights fix, and an update for uniata up to 45b1. I'd like to ask people to help check and make sure the new uniata version doesn't break anything.

Ok, will do. But it's getting a bit confusing what is/has already been tested with RC1 and/or RC2 and/or RC3 and/or RC4...
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

1)Num lock led works now, for starters. I'll test some other apps out as well.
2)off by one browser still has the flickering and the not viewable buttons.
3)Opera 12.17 still fails

4)Ok, confirmed a regression. I can't install my sounddrivers any more (exe file). I've confirmed that it did/does work with build 61357 (as I remembered it did with all daily builds I tried from that one onwards). When applying the exact same handlings, however, with the RC I get no sound. (which was the case starting with RC1 and up, btw)

Cause and solution may be similar to: https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-7668
Last edited by Webunny on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.