ReactOS on ARM

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mikronauts

ReactOS on ARM

Post by mikronauts »

Hi,

I just I'd let y'all know that there are a lot of users on the Raspberry Pi forums who keep asking about Windows on the Raspberry Pi (I am NOT one of those users)

I know that ReactOS is under development, but has there been tought given to various ARM targets?

Thanks,

Bill

http://Mikronauts.com
middings

Re: ReactOS on ARM

Post by middings »

tomleem

Post by tomleem »

Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

Freeloader is the only thing that works now on ARM.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

The Raspberry Pi 2 will support Windows 10. That's as good as it's likely to get for the foreseeable future. Alternatively, you might be able to run ROS or older versions of Windows in an emulator. The RPi2's increased specs and ARMv7 compatibility should open up a lot of exciting new possibilities.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.
mikronauts

Post by mikronauts »

Thanks guys.

I'd seen the previous work on an ARM port, but it seemed to be abandoned - I thought ReactOS might be a nice alternative to a "Windows 10 IOT" for those desiring Windows on ARM, without being sucked into a for pay "cloud".

I've signed up for the Windows IOT program in order to check it out, but have seen nothing yet.

I also should check some of my CAD and other Windows specific dev tools under the latest ReactOS.
Linuxgamer94

Post by Linuxgamer94 »

Listen I have read at least two other arm port topics. Reactos no longer has an excuse to not run on arm. Windows 8 and 10 both support arm and with the new api's MS is making there is no reason for excuses. As 8 and ten are the first ones to have arm programs that means that compatabilty should be easy. Even Wine is working on a ARM port that will run X86 programs on android. We all know that ARM is going to wipe out x86, just look at the global PC sales of x86 comapred to ARM devices running Android and Chrome OS. The same thing with PPC all you have to do is port it and forget about compatabilty. Yeah once when react OS can run on the OUYA pm me.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

Listen indeed.
There are (and will likely always be) plenty of reasons to not even bother thinking about an ARM port. Hey - if and when it happens - cool. But really, why would any ROS dev who has things to do elsewhere take time out to work on an ARM port?

If it's just so darned easy, make ROS run on a OUYA and then PM me.