[APP TESTING] MS Office 2003 testing request

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ctasan

[APP TESTING] MS Office 2003 testing request

Post by ctasan »

Hello! There was a problem with MS Office 2003: when I attempted to uninstall Office 2003, the system crashed and after crash, system crashed again while booting with a page fault error (if I remember correctly). It seemed me like a registry or filesystem corruption.

Can someone install Office 2003 Professional and attempt to install it? And if someone (especially Black_Fox) retests CORE-8610, I'll be glad because I don't have time to test because of my exams and programs.

Thanks!
Last edited by ctasan on Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
Black_Fox

Re: [APP TESTING] MS Office 2003 testing request

Post by Black_Fox »

I moved recently and my testing rig is buried deep inside the unopened boxes, but I'll look at it as soon as I have the time and opportunity.
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

Black_Fox wrote:I moved recently and my testing rig is buried deep inside the unopened boxes, but I'll look at it as soon as I have the time and opportunity.
Just a virtual machine is enough, I've seen that bug in this way.

Big thanks for you, anyway :)
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Dugged the rig out :-) I run VirtualBox either way, but just needed the testing data stored on the disk.

Installation of Office2003 in ROS is getting finished, but the process is probably incomplete.
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

Office Update requires Windows Update(therefore, no Wine nor ReactOS) and will not work. Other functions will most probably work.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

Black_Fox wrote:Dugged the rig out :-) I run VirtualBox either way, but just needed the testing data stored on the disk.

Installation of Office2003 in ROS is getting finished, but the process is probably incomplete.
Thanks! Does Office 2003 uninstalls properly?
erkinalp wrote:Office Update requires Windows Update(therefore, no Wine nor ReactOS) and will not work. Other functions will most probably work.
Thanks for notifying, but I already know that.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

No, uninstallation doesn't work properly. Not sure what is removed, but I can see at least 300 MB left behind on disk.
Maybe it will improve after the winesync of msi module. Once 0.4.0 RC start arriving, I'll try it again.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Yeah, that may be right. I didn't check the "read only" flags, though.
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

Hello As I have no time for testing, I have to make a retest, wondering what's happened since r72495...