Epic NTVDM

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

MugenFighter

Epic NTVDM

Post by MugenFighter »

Some have suggested the creation of a topic like Epic Win, but for DOS/NTVDM apps to make room for Windows apps. I'm going to attempt to do it right here right now.
oldman wrote:
MugenFighter wrote:
ercanersoy wrote:Good tests for ReactOS. I think, for ReactOS Application Test Center. This may better than EPIC WIN thread.
Mind explaining, I'm a bit confused. The only tests here followed the epic win rules. Maybe too much? Sorry if that is the case; I have a bunch a stress and this is a way I coupe.
Yes , I wondered what he was on about, because this is the 'EPIC WIN!' topic. I think he is suggesting something else! The 'EPIC WIN!' topic is now very full (58 pages), maybe it is time to make a topic dedicated to dos and/or ntvdm!

The rules follow Epic Win's own except these are DOS/NTVDM only apps.
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.
ArmyMan007

Re: Epic NTVDM

Post by ArmyMan007 »

I will remind the rules of this thread, which are the same to my Epic Win thread:
ArmyMan007 wrote:The sole purpose is to show programs that are able to run in ReactOS, either partially or completely. No technical details required when you add your working programs.
Happy winning! :D
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

ArmyMan007 wrote:I will remind the rules of this thread, which are the same to my Epic Win thread:
ArmyMan007 wrote:The sole purpose is to show programs that are able to run in ReactOS, either partially or completely. No technical details required when you add your working programs.
Happy winning! :D
Thanks... sorry I was in a hurry.
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

Well guess I'm first...

Champ Centiped-em works

[ external image ]

Edit: Not sure which shareware version of the Centpied-em it is, ReactOS revision 69922, and on emulated hardware.
Last edited by MugenFighter on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

It does. I have games which only work from a batch file included.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

I'm not sure I understand the problem with the bat files.
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

Environment variable semantics are different between interactive and batch mode.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
Forever Winter

Post by Forever Winter »

hbelusca wrote:I'm not sure I understand the problem with the bat files.
I guess what MugenFighter want to say is that if you execute a batch file instead of the program, the console window gets the cmd icon instead of the ntvdm icon, so it may look like it
is not a DOS program but a program for Windows.
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

Forever Winter wrote:
hbelusca wrote:I'm not sure I understand the problem with the bat files.
I guess what MugenFighter want to say is that if you execute a batch file instead of the program, the console window gets the cmd icon instead of the ntvdm icon, so it may look like it
is not a DOS program but a program for Windows.
My concern was with text based programs or ones that used ascii graphics, but forget I said anything.
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

The DOS based DOOM Source Port BOOM works...

[ external image ]

Edit: This is Boom 2.02, ReactOS revision 69922, and on emulated hardware.
Last edited by MugenFighter on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wildschwein

Post by wildschwein »

MugenFighter, you do a great job ! Continue, I like to read your test about the DOS Games !
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

wildschwein wrote:MugenFighter, you do a great job ! Continue, I like to read your test about the DOS Games !
Thanks, some people like to do certain things when they are bored... right now I like testing software for ReactOS, and DOS software actually tends to be smaller and relatively easy to come across, and a lot of it you can obtain legally.
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

Champ Kong works...

[ external image ]

Edit: This is a shareware version of Champ Kong (not sure which), ReactOS revision 69922, and on emulated hardware.
Last edited by MugenFighter on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

Champ Invaders works...

[ external image ]

Edit: This is Champ Invaders Shareware 1.0, ReactOS revision 69922, and on emulated hardware.
Last edited by MugenFighter on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

Champ Kong Update: Last time I used a shareware version, now I used the lasted full version and it worked (the company, which is out of business, allowed it to be downloaded from the website I got it from)

[ external image ]

Edit: This version of Champ Kong was the full version 1.15, ReactOS revision 69922, and on emulated hardware.
Last edited by MugenFighter on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.