Clipper screen shot util runs! Sort of.

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SomeGuy

Clipper screen shot util runs! Sort of.

Post by SomeGuy »

A while back I had been looking for a screen shot utility for ReactOS so I could take screen shots on real hardware. The smallest program I could find that seemed to stand a chance at running on ReactOS was a freeware program called Clipper:

http://www.hot.ee/mardu123/clipper/download.htm

At the time they just crashed when I tired to load them but I just tried them again and Version 2.0 and 2.1 actually start up and run now! (The newer versions I tried still didn't seem to work).

There is only one problem... nothing seems to happen when I press the print screen key. It is like it isn't getting they keystroke. (Clipper is supposed to automatically write a screen dump file. Normally in windows hitting print screen just copies an image to the clipboard and then you have to start a paint program to paste and save the image)

At any rate that's progress! :D
w3seek
Developer

Post by w3seek »

ReactOS doesn't have a clipboard - that's why pressing the print key has no effect ;) (not that it was implemented)
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

Why don't you make your screnshots in QMENU or VMWARE ?
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?
ma-games.de

Post by ma-games.de »

Because there is a big difference to screenshots made on the "real devices". I think the graphics driver and stuff causes this.