An idea of me

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ctasan

An idea of me

Post by ctasan »

If we did set a annual donation target (example 20000 $) and put a progress bar on main banner/main page like Haiku, how would it be?

I know, it's not easy as words, but as we are releasing 0.4, hopefully more visitors will come it may increase our income :)
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
jonaspm

Re: An idea of me

Post by jonaspm »

When I joined the ReactOS community, there was a yearly funding goal.

It was removed because of several crowdfunding projects and a website revamp but I think that you are right, it's time to bring this back.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

You need to consider the people who donated on Indiegogo and are impatiently waiting for the Community Edition.
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

I said this to accerelate our development... along with donated people, many people will donate us (hopefully) and progress bar might increase the total amount.
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
rospiz

Post by rospiz »

This is a good idea. But for me, it needs after The relax e 0.4.0...
Sorry for My bad english
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

All fund raising is a good idea - after 0.4.0.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Stakhanov

Post by Stakhanov »

I think that'd be a good idea :D
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

As Black_Fox said, starting a new fundraiser before fullfilling the last ones targets is a bad idea. We know that you want all the best, but asking for money again would let the donators think that the CE will never get finished.
Aeneas

Post by Aeneas »

I said this to accerelate our development.
Now the issue is, you really have to demonstrate the translation of "money" into - and here's the rub: - "tangible" results. I, too, recommend 0.4.0 before asking for further money.

(ReactOS' position is admittedly not an easy one: "hunting bugs" and fumbling on its inner workings is no "fun" at all, I guess. But the results from this are not "tangible" in a meaningful way for the average user - it all just looks like "undue delays".)