You Have No Idea How Bad I Want This to Work

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Blackcrack

Re: You Have No Idea How Bad I Want This to Work

Post by Blackcrack »

me, oh.. thank you.. but to less time :)
best regards
Blacky
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

I didn't know we had a team translating to Gibberish! ;-)
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

PurpleGurl wrote:I didn't know we had a team translating to Gibberish! ;-)
i have think, he meant into german, something else would I not do ;)
or how meant you this mean ? :\
dj-vossi

Post by dj-vossi »

i think what PurpleGurl (and dizt3mp3r) is (are) trying to say is that
writing things in incorrect german, translating it to english using google-translate and posting it unreflected into an english forum may be a little too optimistic.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

oh and now should i am sulk and become aggressive ?
or what want you have as its object ?

best regards
Blacky
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

My apologies for the snarky comment.

However, some might take the comment seriously. The characters in The Sims and the other Sims games speak Simlish. Simplish is mostly gibberish. However, even pop singers are doing covers of their songs in Simlish. Written Simlish seems to just be English written with a custom character set. Like a sculpture may have 3 symbols at the base, and when you convert the characters, you get "Art." Some of the written Simlish is hiding some very strong language, like the multiplication table chart that drops the F-bomb. Spoken Simlish is truly another language, with a lot of gibberish mixed in. Some of the words you hear are obvious as to what they mean, like if you hear a Sim in a disgusted mood saying, "uh, groble," with a dirty shoe icon above their head, while they are sitting or standing near spoiled food or an unwashed Sim. That means that something stinks or is disgusting.

I know the above sounds off-topic, but we've had similar discussion before, asking if fantasy languages could be added to ReactOS. I guess one could use an unused character set and language slot near the top of the codes. The problem would be if others use the same slots in the future. Then there would also be the time consumed, when there are widely spoken languages that need translation. Some of the proposed languages likely included: Pig Latin, Klingon and Navi. I had proposed Purplonian (doesn't exist yet), since I've created lore of a fictional planet and beings. In that vein, Simlish would be a good one to add too.
Last edited by PurpleGurl on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

the comment before was edited and have add paragraphs , so i remove my
accepted.

best regards
Blacky
Last edited by Blackcrack on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
dsp8195

Post by dsp8195 »

Off-topic: People who use Google Translate to post on ReactOS forums should be punched where it hurts. And you know why? Because there are already language-specific sub-forums in existence!

Don't know English well? Use those. Not only you annoy people with weird wording, which is hard to get due to improperly constructed sentences, but also littering the forum with literal trash talk.

Speaking of trash talk, I've seen a lot of it here recently. A "Cirrus One", "it2pivincent", "Blackcrack", "Konata" and others, repeatedly asking the same questions over and over again, creating countless pointless topics and misbehaving. It may be due to the fact they are very young and have absolutely no idea about the OS project's workflow and etiquette, but still there is no excuse to act like this.

An infamous example is this topic - all you needed to know is literally right in the first two replies, by EmuandCo and myself. However, the aforementioned persons generated a bunch of false assumptions and flaming instead, making the topic to go on for several pages. Cirrus One, however, created bunch of self-centered topics with no other reason than "so he could see the topics that he started".

Truthfully, such topics MUST be deleted on plain sight and assembled/redirected into centralized F.A.Q. if you want to keep these forums tight, clean and flamewar-free.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Opinions are like that, everyone has them. It's why the first rule in the code of conduct on this forum is to be civil.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Blackcrack wrote:the comment before was edited and have add paragraphs , so i remove my
accepted.

best regards
Blacky
My apology for the dig still stands. I was working on the edit while you were posting your reply and did not intend on slipping in anything. I guess I was being off-topic, though fictional languages have been discussed in the past.