ReactOS with webserver intergation

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

andrewfer000

ReactOS with webserver intergation

Post by andrewfer000 »

ReactOS would make a nice Open Source HTTP,MYSQL,E-Mail, and FTP server. I am a open web developer and I would like to talk to the team about React OS server integration.
WHY do I want ReactOS server? well because this os is extremely efficient and only needs some minor bug fixes to work properly. SecureWAMP is the best server devolpent platform I have worked with and since its open source intergarting it into ReactOS should be easy. I personally don't know much about building an operating system or even web development but it would be nice to see the highly efficient, open source ReactOS and the awesome open source SecureWAMP to come together. I tried using SecureWAMP on reactOS but it has issues with the HTTP server and FTP server. if both those issues are fixed this would be the perfect software to put on my Web Server.

Thanks a lot
- andrewfer000
decodp

Re: ReactOS with webserver intergation

Post by decodp »

andrewfer000 wrote:ReactOS would make a nice Open Source HTTP,MYSQL,E-Mail, and FTP server. I am a open web developer and I would like to talk to the team about React OS server integration.
WHY do I want ReactOS server? well because this os is extremely efficient and only needs some minor bug fixes to work properly. SecureWAMP is the best server devolpent platform I have worked with and since its open source intergarting it into ReactOS should be easy. I personally don't know much about building an operating system or even web development but it would be nice to see the highly efficient, open source ReactOS and the awesome open source SecureWAMP to come together. I tried using SecureWAMP on reactOS but it has issues with the HTTP server and FTP server. if both those issues are fixed this would be the perfect software to put on my Web Server.

Thanks a lot
- andrewfer000
Hello andrewfer000,
I am a web developer too.. ReactOS Web server is a great idea and I think it should be a distro of ReactOS.
We Can run all services after setup.
Write a PM if you want some help
Last edited by decodp on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

That actually seems to be the goal, to have a fully working Windows 2003 implementation. So if the intent is to be a server OS, then I see no need to fork it into one. Now if you mean you want your own distro with common, open source server apps getting installed during OS installation, then I see nothing wrong with that.
decodp

Post by decodp »

PurpleGurl wrote:That actually seems to be the goal, to have a fully working Windows 2003 implementation. So if the intent is to be a server OS, then I see no need to fork it into one. Now if you mean you want your own distro with common, open source server apps getting installed during OS installation, then I see nothing wrong with that.
Yes, sorry for mistakes, I mean a distro
chronosek

Post by chronosek »

I hope that all that services will be disabled default, Reactos will not be efficient any more if it follow Windows path and enable default many services in background... I rather want to see Reactos without any services, just to be platform for programs, and if someone need something then install 3rd party program