Where to post results of additional software tests

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

matthiasbasler

Where to post results of additional software tests

Post by matthiasbasler »

Hi all.

I just started checking ReactOS 0.4.2 yesterday, meanwhile I have set up a few instances successfully in VBox. My main goal was/is to check which software can be made to run of the software stack I use (or used on former times). I have quite a few interesting findings which I would like to share, both successful and unsuccessful installations of OS and Non-OSS software.

Where is the best place to post about own software tests?
I know this helpful page with tests for 0.4.2: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/Tests_for_0.4.2
But I am not sure if this page should still be edited or if it is supposed to show only the tests done before 0.4.2 was released?

Matthias

(P.S. Seems I can neither see nor upload images in this forum. Is this intended?)
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Where to post results of additional software tests

Post by EmuandCo »

You need a free image hoster for pics. 0.4.2 tests are locked and not for after release tests. If you wanna test, feel free to make a thread for that. And feel free to maintain it. This will help with the upcoming releases :D ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
matthiasbasler

Re: Where to post results of additional software tests

Post by matthiasbasler »

Thanks, I have done as advised. I do not intend to test every release, but one or two times per year I intend to re-check this software stack.
Nice work, so far.

Matthias.