Additional software tests

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

matthiasbasler

Re: Additional software tests

Post by matthiasbasler »

I have updated the original post to include the results for ReactOS 0.4.8. In short, there were no significant differences. There were no improvements and no regressions in terms of software compatibility compared to 0.4.7 for the tested software stack on VBox.

(Maybe more would be possible if I knew how to correctly use the "extended" compatibility mode. So far it hasn't helped me in a single case.)

Matthias
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

matthiasbasler wrote:I have updated the original post to include the results for ReactOS 0.4.8. In short, there were no significant differences. There were no improvements and no regressions in terms of software compatibility compared to 0.4.7 for the tested software stack on VBox.

(Maybe more would be possible if I knew how to correctly use the "extended" compatibility mode. So far it hasn't helped me in a single case.)

Matthias
The new compatibility mode is just a skeleton in 0.4.8. Now, at least, apisets have been added.
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
matthiasbasler

Post by matthiasbasler »

I have done my usual tests of some included and additional software in VBox 5.1 with ROS 0.4.9 RC32. Did not find any clear regressions.

No noteworthy changes except that Flash Player and Adobe Reader 11 can be installed via the online installer again (as in 0.4.6) thanks to the rollback of the guilty commit (on 0.4.9 branch) which broke this. Also I was happy to see a flight simulator run in ROS: The X-Plane 9 demo works, albeit slowly.