58 specific reasons for wanting ReactOS:

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

wdstudios

Re: 52 specific reasons for wanting ReactOS:

Post by wdstudios » Tue May 21, 2019 9:28 am

dizt3mp3r wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:08 pm
I presume you mean being able to download to the root of a hard drive, can you explain why this is such an important thing for you? You can of course already copy files to the root. With regard to downloads I have always created a specific folder for downloads and placed everything there.
It's important to me because (a) having to use a specially designated folder is annoying, and (b) we should be treated like adults and like the owners of our own computers.
dizt3mp3r wrote:
I don't think ReactOS will support animated wallpapers by default, do you mean just GIFs or animated PNGs?, I wouldn't imagine it is one of the dev's aims if it is new functionality. There are tools such as rainWallpaper that already adds that. It might work on ReactOS. If it is old functionality you want replicated then I'll add it to the list.
(a) yes, of course I'm talking about animated gifs and Mjpegs. Files of that nature were the only ones that you could set as animated wallpapers in XP. (b) I've tried those third-party programs and none of them work worth a damn. (c) yes, it's old functionality.
dizt3mp3r wrote:
I forget as to whether this functionality was present in 2003? It certainly is with Win 7.
Wrong. Win7 will replace standard arrange-by options with useless ones (artist, album) if it detects certain file types in a directory.
dizt3mp3r wrote:
I won't add this unless you can clarify a specific issue where this still occurs even when you've asked it not to.
I shouldn't NEED to ask it not to.
dizt3mp3r wrote:
I think this is more of a request so I won't add it unless it is restoring older functionality lost, is that the case?
Of course it's older functionality. Did you even use XP, bro?

wdstudios

Re: 58 specific reasons for wanting ReactOS:

Post by wdstudios » Tue May 21, 2019 9:45 am

dizt3mp3r wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:31 pm
54. ReactOS being compatible with Windows 2003 will hopefully implement facilities that were present in 2003 and subsequently removed in NT6. Specifically within Explorer, a fully functioning "open with" menu option that remembers all possible associated and useful programs, the ability to display animated images on the active desktop and control and consistency over how audio and associated filetypes are displayed and ordered
Not trying to be a thorn in your ass here, but two of those features were last seen in 32-bit XP, and absent from Server 2003.

dizt3mp3r

Re: 58 specific reasons for wanting ReactOS:

Post by dizt3mp3r » Tue May 21, 2019 2:01 pm

No, you are not a thorn in my side in any way whatsoever. That was an addition suggested by a member here.
I think we'll leave the list as it is at the moment.

WD - I think you may have a problem interpreting the tone in other's comments/questions. You seem to be ascribing your own attitude to others and it comes out in the tone of your replies. Friendly advice - When you 'bro someone that is definitely not your brother, they may not feel well disposed to listening to anything you have said.