ReactOS Support on newer Intels

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

lukves

ReactOS Support on newer Intels

Post by lukves »

I prefer PCs with combination of the Intel mb and cpus. After Ivy bridge W-XP is not fully usefull - sometimes missing video driver for GFX or Intel HD. Now i have low end Pentium G3260 (i dont play games - not need better pc, only few thinks like C prog and Arduino and Atmels uC) i want know how supported are daily builds of ReactOS of newer Intels, my board have option to disable secure boot and disable EFI, i use Legacy i want say i dont have problem to boot ISO, or installed and i think on the most pcs is situation equal. Is ReactOS posible to install on SATA AHCI, full working sound (playing mp3, video in SD qual AVI/MP4) and VESA maybe VESA with resolution fix?
mikef9325

Re: ReactOS Support on newer Intels

Post by mikef9325 »

Is ReactOS posible to install on SATA AHCI, full working sound (playing mp3, video in SD qual AVI/MP4) and VESA maybe VESA with resolution fix?
I tried ReactOS on an i3-2120. It won't finish booting with AHCI enabled. But I can boot ReactOS in VirtualBox with IDE disk mode. So AHCI doesn't work at all. IDE mode always needs to be used.
I can't say for sound and VESA video. Intel sound and video are usually backwards compatible. They are designed that way. IDE needs to be enabled before ReactOS tries sound and video.
To my knowledge there are no daily build updates for latest Intel hardware. But it should still support onboard video.
PurpleGurl

Re: ReactOS Support on newer Intels

Post by PurpleGurl »

There was some AHCI work months back, but it hasn't been merged. As a thought, I wonder what would happen if you tried to slipstream the Intel Rapid Storage Driver.