what is status, networking support, various lwip efforts

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

curiousone

what is status, networking support, various lwip efforts

Post by curiousone »

There was a GSoC 2016 effort to work on integrating lwIP into ReactOS.
It appears there may have been previous efforts to do this as well (although I did not find branches/submissions/blogs/whatever related to them, just hints they may have occurred.)
There is a branch network_stack, which apparently incorporated another branch TCIP_Revolution (or some such) in which work was done by Jerome Gardou (?name) to integrate lwIP into ReactOS.

status of zhu48's effort is recently enough documented to review.

jgardou's effort doesn't seem to have moved beyond the branch's state two years ago, and that apparently has not been merged into mainline. But I see that he is, or apparently has been, active in other areas.

Seeking definitive information on what the state of the network_stack branch is, perhaps comparing to current network support in reactos trunk...
Presumably not yet as good as trunk (since not merged to trunk), but...

Anyone with knowledge of both areas might comment on advantages/disadvantages of pursuing either effort over the other, or perhaps some other branch I haven't yet taken note of.

Thanks.
curiousone

Re: what is status, networking support, various lwip efforts

Post by curiousone »

Also, anyone who knows, why was zhu48's GSOc 2016 effort apparently started from scratch rather than based on the network_stack effort...?

Thanks.