Welcome to the world of Community Changelogs!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ctasan

Welcome to the world of Community Changelogs!

Post by ctasan »

As you know, I started the effort of preparing the unofficial changelogs since 0.4.1. After 0.4.4, they all went to our Wiki and the age of Community Changelogs started.

Community Changelogs is rather for end users, showing progress in ReactOS without too much technical stuff, and unnoticed work. See https://reactos.org/wiki/Community_Changelogs for FAQ and more! And feel free to report mistakes you have noticed!

Another work-in-progress changelog of 0.4.5 will be started shortly. Thanks for your support!
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
middings

Re: Welcome to the world of Community Changelogs!

Post by middings »

Thank you, ctasan, for your work. I'm pleased to see it in the ReactOS Wiki.
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

Not at all!

Anyway, I need your help: could anyone create a navigation template?
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
oldman

Post by oldman »

ctasan wrote:Not at all!

What are you exactly looking for?

A layout something that looks like this:

Community Changelog-0.4.4 - Community Changelog-0.4.3 - Community Changelog-0.4.2 - Community Changelog-0.4.1 - Community Changelog-0.4.0

But the links turned into buttons!
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

oldman wrote:
ctasan wrote:Not at all!

What are you exactly looking for?

A layout something that looks like this:

Community Changelog-0.4.4 - Community Changelog-0.4.3 - Community Changelog-0.4.2 - Community Changelog-0.4.1 - Community Changelog-0.4.0

But the links turned into buttons!
A navigation like in Versions and Changelogs pages would be good.
justincase

Post by justincase »

How about this?
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

justincase wrote:How about this?
YES!!! THAT'S IT!!! Thank you very much for doing this!
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

Well, I have a question here. The forum is read much more than the Wiki (15000 to 5000 for 0.4.6). And many sites refer the forum even the changelog is still unfinished.
Should I write the next changelog on the forum, or on Wiki? Or do you have another idea?
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Personally I prefer the forum as it is the best place for communication. Formally though, the wiki is the correct place.

Possibly keep the forum as the master and use it for publicity and communication, and then write to the wiki for completeness sake. I suppose the indication is, if people aren't accessing it then it isn't really as important even if it is the correct way of doing things.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

Another question: Should we go into details more (for example, mentioning functions) or stay plain simple?
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Personally, I'd be happy with that, a little more detail but keeping the summary line as you have done so far, what you are doing is a service for us poor mortals!
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.