is RosBE 2.1.4 compatible with ROS?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

justincase

Re: is RosBE 2.1.4 compatible with ROS?

Post by justincase »

I believe Daniel Reimer / EmuandCo uploaded an x86/NT5.2 compatible version of ninja.exe on CORE-4937, though it apparently still won't run properly on ReactOS yet due to certain ReactOS bugs.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I did build it, but not test it. No XP available right now.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
middings

Post by middings »

According to ROSBE-112, "RosBE 2.1.4 i386 contains x64 executable for ninja (breaks compatibility to x86 hostOSes)", RosBE-Windows 2.1.4 contains an x64 version of ninja. ReactOS and 32-bit Microsoft Windows balks at that. The workaround reactosfanboy discovered is to obtain the ninja.exe file from RosBE-Windows 2.1.3 and replace the copy of ninja.exe in RosBE-Windows 2.1.4. I have tried this workaround on Windows. I have not had any problems with this workaround on Windows so far. (I have never tried to self-host ReactOS.)
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Yes, the workaround consisting in using a x86-compiled ninja.exe version works (as expected). Daniel said to me some time ago on IRC that this will be fixed with the next coming RosBE 2.1.5 version.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Exactly it will. But not sure when exactly. Buuut soon ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...