ReactOS 0.4.4 - Feedback

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ChaosCloud

ReactOS 0.4.4 - Feedback

Post by ChaosCloud »

Hi Everyone, I loaded ReactOS via LiveCD for the first time today. Have been checking on this project intermittently for a few years now, as it became clear that M-soft would not be changing their course to a good direction.
Anyways, here is my feedback based on an hour or so experimenting:

-mouse pointer: the max pointer speed is very slow, I think XP's max speed was too slow, but ROS's is even slower.

-change resolution: there is no "do you want to keep these settings" dialogue which reverts the settings after a timer, so if you set an unsupported resolution, there does not seem to be a way to get the display back.

-playing with the appearance, classic themes, the 3D objects/toolbar never actually changes colour (although the preview shows the change).

Keep up the good work guys and gals. There is growing discontent with M-soft, and I think that once they end support for 7, ReactOS will experience a surge of interest - hopefully it will be in a fully functional state by then.
PurpleGurl

Re: ReactOS 0.4.4 - Feedback

Post by PurpleGurl »

Thank you for your review and support. Feel free to go to our JIRA page and report any bugs you find. But it would be helpful to first search to see if your bugs are already reported.
ChaosCloud

Re: ReactOS 0.4.4 - Feedback

Post by ChaosCloud »

Thank you, I'll check out the JIRA page.