What would this project define as a "Critical" bug?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

commodore256

What would this project define as a "Critical" bug?

Post by commodore256 »

I've found a bug with iTunes and I am curious of what this project calls "critical". I would define anything wrong WDM to be critical because that's the most unstable part and with an exception of that, I find ReactOS in it's current state to be buggy, like messed up photo rendering in Firefox but it's very stable, this thing is hard to BSOD if you don't try to install a Driver or any kind of Shell Hackery. The only way I know how to crash it is to try to install a Driver. So, I find a 14-year-old version of iTunes to be a low priority.

In case somebody's curious I picked iTunes because it's the most exotic program in the Windows world I could think of, so it would also add diversity. Also, now that I'm here asking something, What revision of the NT 5.2 base is being targeted? Is all of the runtime libraries? (even the Visual C++ 2010 and DotNET 4.0) What about the implementation of IE? Is it targeted to be IE6,7 or 8? What about Powershell? Is Powershell 1.0 or 2.0 being targeted or is the project going to use the MIT licensed Source Code from MS?
hbelusca
Developer

Re: What would this project define as a "Critical" bug?

Post by hbelusca »

In the ReactOS/Jira classification, a bug that is considered "critical" is a bug that renders the OS almost unusable (like, cannot boot, etc...). It's a bit like "blocker".