ReactOS and flash drives?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DownWithRedmond

ReactOS and flash drives?

Post by DownWithRedmond »

To start with, this is a genuine flash drive use question... not yet another "how to boot ReactOS on USB", etc. thread. I'm finding those when I search for this topic. (And... for those that *are* looking for that, I won't disappoint you: install ReactOS inside your favorite VM client, use dcfldd/dd, Win32DiskImager, etc. to write it, or convert from the live CD... and try booting off it. In either case, if it doesn't freeze or BSOD, congrats.)

What I'm actually wondering is if I can actually use a USB flash drive with my PC running ReactOS to transfer files off of it like on every other modern operating system on Earth. I'm tired of having to burn and read CDs like I'm running Windows 98.

Does anyone know how to get a modern flash drive, such as a PNY drive or a SanDisk Blade working? I don't see them in Device Manager, and nothing happens in My Computer when I plug it in. I seem to remember back in the 0.3 builds plugging in flash drives... worked! For reference, I'm running ROS nightly on a HP Compaq 6730b. Thanks, all.