nuno (nlite) need a bit support :)

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Blackcrack

nuno (nlite) need a bit support :)

Post by Blackcrack »

Hi Peoples,

Nuno it is he Guy who have found nlite and have support us for create
our own XP versions, so, if you have fun for support Nuno now,
he is the owner of Reboot.pro and the Tread it is there :
http://reboot.pro/topic/21522-reactos-0 ... ntry203601

best regards
Blacky
oldman

Re: nuno (nlite) need a bit support :)

Post by oldman »

It is hard to understand what Blacky is talking about, but the website he links to is worth a read!

This link will take you to the top of the forum thread (Blacky's link takes you to the middle of the thread).
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Oh, so it wasn't me being too stupid for Drag-n-Drop... I had this one too. I don't think it's a problem by Heis because copying from console works fine. Same for not being able to run executables from network shares, he once told me of the reasons behind it. I fogot em though ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Concerning the current impossibility of running exécutables from network shares: iirc it's related to missing functionality in the cache subsystem in the kernel.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

[translation]
Hello everyone,

There is this chap called Nuno who has written some software by the name of Nlite. He has previously supported his software on XP and proposes to do so on ReactOS as well. He is the owner of the reboot.pro web forum and the thread concerning Nlite on ReactOS is here: http://reboot.pro/topic/21522-reactos-0 ... ntry203601

[/translation]

Hope that is helpful.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

dizt3mp3r wrote:[translation]
Hello everyone,

There is this chap called Nuno who has written some software by the name of Nlite. He has previously supported his software on XP and proposes to do so on ReactOS as well. He is the owner of the reboot.pro web forum and the thread concerning Nlite on ReactOS is here: http://reboot.pro/topic/21522-reactos-0 ... ntry203601

[/translation]

Hope that is helpful.
a chap ? more a buddy for us ;)
but thank you for the translation *hug* (not so like an other programmer ...tzzhh *g*)

best regards
Blacky
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

No problem! :)
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

I've used N-Lite. That is good when you have only an SP2 installation CD of XP. So you can get the downloadable version of SP3 and take that, and your original WIndows CD, and your networking and platform drivers, and make your own SP3 Windows Installation CD. If you have an old machine with a vendor-licensed copy of Windows, and you have to install a lot, then you can convert that CD to the latest files of the latest OS the machine will support.

Now maybe that or a program like it could be used to slipstream ROS to already have certain driver files.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

this have i thinking also, maybe a program where make it able to create a ROS-CD
with enhanced and unattended setup's and addons maybe also edit the installer
and registered specially dll files and drivers where make ROS maybe more enhanced ?

updated CD with Daily Builds have we are, we need only something
like nlite for a possible to integrate directly drivers and others
for make a setup/install for the own mashines, like Notebooks, workstations and so further/additional
to have a customised installmedium :) as iso for sticks or cd/dvd

best regards
Blacky
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

I tend to agree. It would be helpful to have a program to create ROS CDs and configure them, add drivers, etc. That would help break us out of the loop of not being able to test certain internal things because drivers won't install. This would not be ideal in terms of making it usable, but it would be a start.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

PurpleGurl wrote:I tend to agree. It would be helpful to have a program to create ROS CDs and configure them, add drivers, etc. That would help break us out of the loop of not being able to test certain internal things because drivers won't install. This would not be ideal in terms of making it usable, but it would be a start.
*thumps up*
+1

if you whant, can you speak with Nuno, yo have the url :)
it's a really cool buddy . it doesn't hurt to ask! ;)

best regards
Blacky