is there any ETA for bootcd on usb support?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

romulo27

is there any ETA for bootcd on usb support?

Post by romulo27 »

i have a big problem about cd's, 1. is that my test laptop mostly crash when i boot on them
2. the nearest store that actually sells cd's its really far away from my house, to be exact, i have to go to the next town to get some
3. if all this stuff didnt help, nobody in my family that actually lives here have a car, and its a robbery using a bus here
hbelusca
Developer

Re: is there any ETA for bootcd on usb support?

Post by hbelusca »

Maybe buying via Amazon some CD-RWs should be the best for you. And currently, our USB boot support doesn't really work correctly...
middings

Post by middings »

The answer to all questions of the form, "Is there an Estimated Time to Availability (ETA) for [ReactOS feature]?" is "No."

Asking such a question is considered rude. The policy of ReactOS developers is that they commit to no fixed timetables and make no promises about future features or bug fixes. This is the nature of a volunteer effort.
romulo27

Post by romulo27 »

middings wrote:The answer to all questions of the form, "Is there an Estimated Time to Availability (ETA) for [ReactOS feature]?" is "No."

Asking such a question is considered rude. The policy of ReactOS developers is that they commit to no fixed timetables and make no promises about future features or bug fixes. This is the nature of a volunteer effort.
i didnt know, i joined last week
hbelusca wrote:Maybe buying via Amazon some CD-RWs should be the best for you. And currently, our USB boot support doesn't really work correctly...
this awnser actually helped me, thanks!
milon

Post by milon »

romulo27, thanks for joining the forum! I hope you stick around and test & report any bugs you find, etc. FYI, many people here are just blunt. No offense has been intended, and we value community involvement.

Let us know how it goes with the CD-RW testing! :)
romulo27

Post by romulo27 »

milon wrote:romulo27, thanks for joining the forum! I hope you stick around and test & report any bugs you find, etc. FYI, many people here are just blunt. No offense has been intended, and we value community involvement.

Let us know how it goes with the CD-RW testing! :)
discovered my credit card bank account is blocked
great so i will need to wait to some one on my family come travel, and then ask for a ride to the next town, while that im gonna use the live usb, wich doesnt work properly, but works
milon

Post by milon »

Good luck with the bank account! I really hope it's not fraud - that really sucks. >_<

And how are you preparing the USB drive? I played around with Rufus (https://rufus.akeo.ie/) quite a while ago, but haven't touched it in a long time.
romulo27

Post by romulo27 »

milon wrote:Good luck with the bank account! I really hope it's not fraud - that really sucks. >_<

And how are you preparing the USB drive? I played around with Rufus (https://rufus.akeo.ie/) quite a while ago, but haven't touched it in a long time.
im using rufus too :O