Some questions to ROS developers

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

alexei

Some questions to ROS developers

Post by alexei »

1. Would it be a good idea to use UEFI calls (on UEFI motherboards) to interface "native" devices: USB, LAN, SATA?
2. Would it be hard to implement "change window DPI"? I mean user interface to change DPI for the specific window (form), not the whole desktop. I'm just wondering, no rush with that.
3. Sorry, I didn't try the latest version, but can the "Server" service be disabled now?
4. Has anybody tested 3rd party "system" tools (like SysInternals suite) in the ROS? If not, I might find some time to do it.
5. Testing ROS may be fun, but submitting bugs is not :( Can you make a simple utility to: take a screen (area) shot, prompt user for a short comment, post to reactos.org via standard HTTP/HTTPS? ROS team may take a quick look at these submissions and decide if they worth a note :) Really, if you want a feedback, make it easy!
6. Would it be a good idea to make installation wrappers to install 3-rd party drivers in ROS? Im mean something similar to how it's done in PE / WinBuider.
7. Are you planning to switch to "standard" Windows boot (via MBR/PBR) in the future?
8. Sorry, I didn't try the latest version, what about WMI, vbscript, powershell, fully compatible cmd batch?
9. Do you plan to support exFAT? Has you tried to add it with MS installer for Windows XP (KB955704)?